Skip to main content

Kenny K Challenge #29

I am pretty excited about today’s card. I have had this image from Kenny K colored in for weeks now, but I just couldn’t find the right stuff for her card. Nothing was working. So she sat, waiting patiently for the right “things” to come along. Well, yesterday I saw the latest Kenny K challenge, and I got super inspired! Not only does the sketch rock, but Cheryl’s version is amazing (not that she ever makes anything that isn’t amazing!). So, I went in a totally different direction then what I thought I wanted, and it turned out pretty rad! Wanna see? Say hello to Carmen Electrifying!

I colored Carmen up in my 2 favorite colors, purple and teal. And I think she looks hawt! You can’t really tell in this picture, but the lips are pink foil…you’ll see them better down below. You can click on any picture to see it bigger.

And of course, I just had to make her bangs teal. I also used Smeared Ink stamps on this card. From the Urban Decay collection. You can see a screw head here on the right, and I used one of the fabulous textures on my purple cardstock.

Check out that fabulous foil! Love that paper! Oh! And here is the original sketch:

Have a fabulous and inspiring Monday!!! Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is so cool, I love it, gonna have to check out the KennyK Challenge myself, I love his stuff:)
Have a great day hunni
Suzi
xxx
KC said…
this is so great! I love the colors you used...her bangs, her lips, this is just so cool!
Rach said…
a fabulous card, brilliant, love what you did with the sketch.. thank you for joining us over at KKKG. hugs RAchx
Suzilou said…
Wow that foiled paper is awsome and love the purple and teal, fabulous card :)
Patty Sue 2 said…
Your card really rocks! I love all the elements and your coloring is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at KKKG this week, I hope we see lots more of your fantastic work!
Cheryl Valadez said…
Alison, LOVE this! This image is so fabulous and you have colored her up perfectly! Love what you did with the sketch. Great work, my friend ;D Hugz, Cheryl
gorgeous card, sweetie, such a fab take on the sketch, and I love the image you have used…..
Thanks for joining at KKKGC this week.....

Hugs
Judith
Alyssa S said…
LOVE it!! I just bought this stamp too...gotta make a V day card for the hubby and this is right up his alley :o)

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...