Skip to main content

XO: Kenny K Challenge 26: Love You

Hello! I took a bloggy day off yesterday because it was my Birthday!!! Yup! I turned 33 on 1/11/11. I thought that was pretty cool. Anyone out there into numerology? Maybe you can give me a head’s up if all of those numbers mean anything! :) On to my card…

A few weeks ago, Kenny K had a contest to name some new images. I was lucky enough to be one of the chosen ones! I bring you…Harley Ryder!

IMG_0343

Isn’t she cool? I love her little outfit! Think of all the color combinations you can do! Anyway, this week’s Kenny K Challenge is Love You. Harley is perfect for the challenge!

IMG_0344

She is colored up with my pencils, and though it’s tough to see, I used a lot of metallic silver, so she’s super shiny. I sat her on a brick wall that I embossed using my Fiskars Texture Plates.

IMG_0346

I just had to use some of my foiled flame paper from EK for this card, ‘cause you know this chick loves some flames! I also used some stud swilrs from Prima, and drew in some swirls with Stickles. The “XO” is done with Inkadinkado’s Twilight font.

Hope you liked my card! Have an inspiring day!!!

Comments

ldfdesign said…
ohhhh!!!! i love the colors you used! this card is awesome!
Cheryl Valadez said…
Hi, Alison! Happy Birthday!!! Also congratz on winning this image by coming up with that awesome name! Your card is fantastic and you really rocked Harley out with your fab coloring! Way to work those pencils, lady ;D Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Kenny K's Krafty Girlz! Hugz, Cheryl
Carol W. said…
Happy Belated Birthday Alison! Fabulous card! TFS
What a gorgeous card, thanks so much for joining us at KKKG this week .........

Hugs
Judith
Angela said…
Happy belated birthday Alison. I love the layout on this and the brick wall you created. Thanks for joining us at KKKG this week, hope to see you for our next challenge.
Hugs:)
Angela

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...