Skip to main content

SISC41: Hardcore Hardware: Art Journal Cover

I am very excited about this post! First, it’s my first StampInsanity Challenge of the year! Second, it’s a challenge that is SOOOO up my alley…Hardcore Hardware! I am hoping I find a few extra minutes to make another project for this one. Anything that asks me to add metal or hardware is totally my speed! Third, it’s the cover of my very first Art Journal!

I haven’t just “made art” in so long. Yes, my cards and layouts are art too in my world, but making art like when I was back in college…it’s been a looong time. And I really need to start doing it again. But with baby steps. Alex, one of my friends from Smeared & Smudged asked if any of us wanted to start making Art Journals (in a nut shell). she got a resounding “YES!” from many of the other members, including myself. They seem like such fun. And quite therapeutic. You can learn a ton more about this by going to S&S or HERE to Balzer Designs.  But back to StampInsanity!

I love this quote. It’s one of my faves from SI. And I knew that I just had to use it…buuuut…it needed a teensy bit of tweaking to really work for the cover of my Art Journal! I crossed out the last word…”love”…and changed it to “Me!” because really, this journal will be a story about me. Please click on any of the photos to see them bigger.

I had this journal forever. Seriously, from like the year 2000. I am not joking. It’s fab because it has lined black paper inside. It’s meant to be used with gel pens. How rad will it be all painted up? The cover was flimsy, so I added a piece of cardboard to the top and attached it with glue, brads and eyelets. I quickly brushed on some purple acrylic paint, spritzed Glimmer Mist all over the sentiment and the cardboard and then waited for it to dry. Then I added copper texture paste, silver Stickles and this awesome gold glitter that looks more like chards of gold then regular glitter. Staples, brads and some paperclips (decorative AND functional!!!), a sick piece of spiderweb ribbon at the top, and I was done. It came together quite swiftly, and I loved every moment of it.

This is going to be such a blast! I love making cards…but sometimes I want to keep the images I color for reference. Because of the way the skin was done, or the hair…so now I will have a place to put them, among of a ton of other things!

It’s time for you to check out the rest of the Groovy Gurlz from Ward 2! Please be sure to show some love!!! Hope to see YOUR Hardcore Hardware over at the StampInsanity blog this week! Have an inspiring day!

Ward 2

JacquieforSpecTextBoxBigAlison (that’s me!) forSpecTextBoxBigErica

Rosalien forSpecTextBoxBigJuanitaforSpecTextBoxBigChelsea forSpecTextBoxBig

Jules forSpecTextBoxBigKapree

Comments

Andrea C said…
totally love it, x
WOW your journal cover is awesome, i love art journalling, welcome to the addiction hahahaha
Carol W. said…
As always, fabulous job on the cover!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...