Skip to main content

SISC #43: Shades of You!

It’s time again for another super fun StampInsanity Challenge! This week’s challenge is called Shades of You. Thr Groovy Gurlz are challenging you to choose your favorite color and use only shades of YOU! Ok, and white, if you must! :) Winters blues? Red Hot in love? LivingStrong in yellow? I chose purple.

I just had to use Hilda for this one. She’s holding her little pet dragon. And if you read my post from yesterday, you’ll understand why this image was so important for me to use today.

The following information is from crystal-cure.com.

Purple is the color of good judgment. It is the color of people seeking spiritual fulfillment. It is said if you surround yourself with purple you will have peace of mind. Purple is a good color to use in meditation.

Purple has been used to symbolize magic and mystery, as well as royalty. Being the combination of red and blue, the warmest and coolest colors, purple is believed to be the ideal color. Most children love the color purple. Purple is the color most favored by artists. Thursday's color is purple (today!).

Put some violet in your life when you want:

  • to use your imagination to its fullest
  • to re-balance your life
  • to remove obstacles
  • to calm over activity or to energize from depression

Pretty interesting stuff, huh? Purple is most definitely one of my favorite colors. And the color’s meanings are so in line with my life right now.

Hilda and her baby dragon were colored with my pencils. I love how they turned out! I think her hair and her dress look pretty cool! So now it’s your turn! What shade are you? Want some more inspiration first? Then check out Ward 2 of the Groovy Gurlz!

Ward 2

JacquieforSpecTextBoxBigAlison (that’s me!) forSpecTextBoxBigErica

Rosalien forSpecTextBoxBigJuanitaforSpecTextBoxBigChelsea forSpecTextBoxBig

Jules forSpecTextBoxBigKapree

Comments

Andrea C said…
There is something quie sweeping and eerie about this, very lovely x
~Lady B~ said…
Purple is currently one of my favs. Your image is too stinkin' adorable and you did a wonderful job with her! Magical!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...