Skip to main content

Smeared & Smudged Delicious Doodles Blog Hop!

It’s a hoppy kind of day with the Smeared & Smudged DT! One of our fabulous sponsors for the month of January is Delicious Doodles. And today, the Design Team, along with Teri, the owner of DD, are doing a blog hop the Smeared & Smudged way! I just have to say, I am SO in love with my image. I chose to work with Green Man, who holds a very special place in my heart. Here is my offering.

Isn’t he majestic? I had a wonderful time coloring him in…using several shades of green plus copper and some goldenrod. Colored pencils, of course!

You can click on any of the images to see them bigger. Check out that copper paper… It’s metallic and looks like taffeta! The next picture shows it a little better.

Isn’t it pretty? I thought it really worked with the copper (metallic) acorns on Green Man. How would you like to win some digis from Delicious Doodles? All you have to do is enter either the Sketch Challenges and/or the Photo Inspiration Challenge at Smeared & Smudged!

Now please hop along to the rest of the seriously talented ladies of the Design Team. I am quite sure that you will be inspired! Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

Teri ~ Kelli ~ Terra ~ Tori ~ Alison (me!) ~ Black Dragon

Lady Brayton ~ Meredith ~ Kapree ~ Lisa ~ Alex (GDT)

Comments

ldfdesign said…
i love the card! love the brown with the green! i almost picked this image, cause my hubby's grandmother would scare him and his sisters with a story of an evil green man who lived in her attic and a well :) yours looks nice, like he is bring in fall
I totally love this! When I was looking to chose my image I thought about him, but then went with my skullies!!! you know me! Anyway, this is just freakin fantabalouslyawesome!!!! LOVE IT
Fabulous colouring. So much depth added by a few strokes of a pencil. Great looking BPs as well
Stunning Alison. Your coloring is as amazing as always and you fussy cut like the QUEEN of fussy cutting! The metallic paper is perfect with him!
Laura B said…
Really beautiful card, Alison! It reminds me of the Type O Negative song.;)
Betty said…
WOW... Love the image and the coloring :)
Scrappychick said…
Totally cool! Love the image :)
Cyndi
DK Spins said…
This is such a gorgeous card, love your coloring of The Green Man & the copper metal is a great touch. Great work Alison!
Unknown said…
Luv your card the green man is awesome
Luv Jane xxx
angiesuez said…
excellent coloring/blending....you are the mistress of colored pencils!
~Lady B~ said…
Wowzers! Fantastic coloring job and card design! Blows me away!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...