Skip to main content

Smeared & Smudged January Sketch Challenge

It’s Friday night…a time I don’t usually post, but it’s my day to show off some fabulous Smeared Ink “shtuff,” and I hate to disappoint! I was inspired to use Kelli’s card sketch. I hope you are too, because if you play along, you could win some rad digis from Delicious Doodles! Click HERE to visit the Sketch Challenge thread. Here’s the card sketch.

For my card, my focal image is from As Death, and the 2 background stamps (in the grey area) are from Quoth the Raven. I know, I know… I use those 2 stamps all the time…but they are perfection!!! They work with almost everything I make.

This is such a creepy image. The stuff nightmares are made of! I colored the happy couple in with my colored pencils.

I punched out some gears (EK Success) and highlighted them with a silver marker. The red cardstock is from Prima. But do you see the fabulous text? That’s from Smeared & Smudged’s other sponsor for the month, Madness Paper! I think the text is in Czech, but I’m not positive. Whatever it is, it’s super cool.

I hope you take a peek at our 2 fabulous sponsors for the month. Delicious Doodles has some truly incredible digis. Some cute, some totally creepy. You’ll get to see a great sampling of DD’s images on the 26th because the S&S DT is going to have a blog hop! So be on the lookout. As for Madness Paper? Just go to the Etsy shop and by a pound of paper. I promise you, you will be enthralled with what you get. From what I have been hearing…from my fellow DT girls, some of their men have been caught stealing borrowing some of the goodies we received! My husband and son included. Now that’s something special!

Hope to see you playing along at Smeared & Smudged! It’s a fang-tastic forum. Have an inspiring day (or night!). :)

Comments

ldfdesign said…
first i love the card!!!!! and thank you for the kind words!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...