Skip to main content

SISC #27…Not!

If you are looking for the Smeared & Smudged Blog Hop, please click HERE. Thanks!

Yes, yes…it’s StampInsnaity Challenge day…but alas…my computer or printer or Photoshop is wonky this week. Not really sure what it is…but all of my images are suddenly printing blurry. Like, real blurry and pixilated . And I had such a fab card I was gonna make for this week too!!! The challenge is to make a one layer card. That’s right ONE layer! Which is awesome with me because that’s all I used to do! But, that meant I needed to print out my card from scratch… which, given the wonkiness of my technology…couldn’t happen.

Luckily, I had a card made for an occasion such as this one! No, it doesn’t fit the challenge, but you’ll forgive me right??? And if someone can someway figure out how in the heck to fix my “issues,” then I will certainly make the card that I had intended to make! But for now…please enjoy this one!

Extra-Card-1

This is of course from the Katie with a Cure set. I love coloring Katie and her ribbon in. It’s intended for Breast Cancer, but think of all the possibilities! Did you know that if you purchased this set, all the proceeds go to the Susan G. Komen fund? Don’t you think it’s time you grabbed this set for yourself?

Extra-Card-2

Here’s a close up of Katie. I love how joyful she looks! She has been colored with my colored pencils. Please click on any of the images to see it bigger!

Extra-Card-3

And how can you go wrong with this sentiment??? I added a little bit of color using some of the same pencils I used on Katie and her ribbon, just to give it some pop. I also inked the torn edges, and the peachy cardstock on the bottom.

Now please visit the rest of the Groovy Gurlz! Then you can see what this week’s challenge is supposed to look like! Thanks for bearing with me!

Beth {Owner} Erica Jacquie

Jennifer Juanita Julia (Guest Gurl)

Lisa Margie {DTC} Sugar (Guest Gurl) Suzi

Comments

I love this card! Your coloring is fab!
Sorry to hear about your printer, I hope you're able to solve the prob soon!
hugs, margie
Beth said…
AWEsome! Not your computer problems, of course. :) Hope you are having a good day. Hug those babies! :)
Alyssa S said…
Cute card! Such a great set to have on hand these days (unfortunately).
Don't know if you've fixed your printer yet...have you tried reinstalling it? Or just realigning the print heads and printing a test page? Just some ideas...

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...