Skip to main content

Think Ink Artful INKables Challenge #28

Greetings and salutations! I am thrilled to say that I am the “Challenge Picker” (my own phrase) for the latest Artful INKables Think Ink Challenge. As if the interview from August 20th wasn’t exciting enough! So what did I pick??? Well, for those of you that know me, I love to distress pretty much everything. So my challenge is called: “Distressed out!” Tear it, ink it, sand it…anything and everything to distress your project. Wanna see mine???

AI-Featured-Stamper-1

Of course, these are Artful INKables stamps! And, if you decide to play along and you use AI stamps, you get an extra entry!!! I really hope you do join in!

Now, about my card… I used only ONE piece of cardstock here! I just did different things to the 3 pieces I cut!

AI-Featured-Stamper-4 First, of course is the centerpiece. This awesome Chess Piece is from the Into the Moonlight set. I colored it with my EK Success Watercolor markers. Only 3 shades of brown/tan, actually! Then I inked it with Antique Linen Distress Ink and edged it with Walnut Ink Distress Ink…after tearing it, of course!

AI-Featured-Stamper-2 For my background, I crinkled up a large piece of the same cream colored cardstock (Prism), and rubbed Antique Linen and Walnut Ink all over it. Then I cut it to fit on the card. The reason I didn’t cut it to size first, is because after you crinkle the paper, the size changes because of all the bumps and ridges you created. It’s just easier to do a bigger piece first and then trim off the excess.

AI-Featured-Stamper-3 Then I took a strip of the cream stock and stamped this fabulous swirl that’s from the Fictionally Inspired set. I rubbed on the same 2 colors of Distress Ink on it as well.

Since crumpled up paper is hard to glue down, I attached it with antique copper eyelets. I attached the strip with antique gold eyelets, just to change it up a bit. And last, I added a thin border around the edge of the card using one of the brown markers I used for the chess piece, after I inked it a bit with Antique Linen.

So? Inspired yet? I hope so! You can click on any of the pictures to see them bigger. I really hope you can play along with this challenge! Please visit the Artful INKables blog for all of the details!

And please be sure to stop by here tomorrow for the huge Smeared & Smudged release and then again on Thursday for a Birthday celebration…StampInsanity style!

Thank you so much to Artful INKables, especially Jackie, for giving me this fabulous and exciting opportunity!!! Have an inspiring day!!!

Comments

Anita Bownds said…
fantastic card love all the stamping an inking..hugs anita

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...