Skip to main content

SISC #24 Lacing it with Stitches

Yay! It’s time for another StampInsanity Challenge!!! This time around Beth says, “We need to see some real or faux stitching and add some lace! We want to that girly girl side to shine!” Hmmm…girly girl? I guess I could give it a try!

Beauty-1

So admittedly, I am not a lace person…I’ll wear it when the time is right, but I don’t have bits of lace like I do with ribbon. However, since I came across the awesome packs of lace doilies at my Mom’s I have been using them a lot. They’re fab. I spritzed mine with Cherub Pink Glimmer Mist.

Beauty-2

Here’s Pierette…my fave StampInsanity image. I just love her, as I’m sure you know since I use her all the time! I colored her in with my colored pencils, relying quite a bit on that Crayola Multicultural set I mentioned yesterday. I also used my Design Spectracolors.

Beauty-3

For my stitching, I grabbed some rub-ons from American Crafts and added it to my sentiment which is from K & Co. (so is my paper). But take another look at the top photos again (you can click on any of them to make it bigger). See the bottom of my background paper? Doesn’t it look like it has big pink stitches in it? That’s why I chose it! It may look like it’s a couple of different papers, but it isn’t. I loved the unusual combination of patterns that’s all on one sheet.

Beauty-4

Here you can kinda see the glimmer on the doily. You may need to click on the pic. It’s really rainy out today so I couldn’t get the best photos. I also added some Rain Dots by adhering them with Stickles, which is cool ‘cause you can see the glitter through the Dots!

Wanna get Pierette for yourself??? The StampInsanity store is officially OPEN!!! Click HERE to start shopping!!!

Now it’s time for you to check out the rest of the Groovy Gurlz’s amazing creations! Then, get YOUR grrove on and play along! I can’t wait to see your creations! Lynx…especially yours, so I hope you play!!! Have an inspiring day!!!

Beth {Owner} Erica Jacquie

Jane {Guest Gurl} Jennifer Juanita

Lisa Margie {DTC} Suzi

Comments

Anita Bownds said…
wow alison totally beautiful card...
BEAUTIFUL Alison! No girly girl required, do what you do and I will LOVE it! :)
Gorgeous card, Alison! I love doilies! and the misting is awesome!
hugs, margie
Alyssa S said…
This is so pretty, Alison!! Your shading on her dress is gorgeous!!
Beth said…
This is awesome! So you've mastered the grunge and the distressing, now you're killing it with the vintage look - is there ANYthing you can't rock?!! This is beautiful!!
Kathi said…
Wowza. It's fabulous. Great coloring and I love that lacy doily thingie. :D

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...