Skip to main content

Meet Pierette!

I think I have a touch of the flu. And considering I had both flu shots, that kinda stinks! Luckily, I had a project I was saving for an occasion when I didn’t have time to create something. Meet Pierette!

Pierettedetail

How cool is she?!?! She is part of the newest release from StampInsanity, Les Coquettes collection. I loved her the moment I saw her. Her hair is sick, and her name and style made me instantly think of Pauly Perette from NICS (LOVE her!!!). So here is a little ode to Abby!

I colored her in with watercolor markers from EK Success and my Spectracolor colored pencils. And I added a touch of glitter with my Sakura Stardust pen on her eyes and heart, plus American Crafts Glitter Pen on her fab dress.

Pierette

The color is s abit off on this pic… there ws a bit of a glare. But I wanted to use this photo so that you can see that I used that amazing mirror finish paper that I had used on a Greeting Farm card once before. See my reflection???

The sentiment is also from the Les Coquettes collection. You can only purchase it at Tonya’s Stamp Happens Shop! I really love how she came out. And I know that there is no way I could make anything like it right now with the way I’m feeling. So glad I had a back up card!

By the way, April 5th marks the very first challenge for the new Friends Having Fun blog! And yours truly will be hosting that very first challenge! Wait! It gets better! To celebrate the grand opening of FHF and to kick off our challenges…we’ll be giving away 3 spectacular digi images from the super fab StampInsanity Stamps! To win, you must be signed up as one of our Google Connect Friends. The winner will be randomly drawn on Tuesday, April 6, 2010.

Are you in??? Until tomorrow…when I have another creation for StampInsanity! Have an inspiring day!!!

Comments

Barb said…
She is awesome, Alison!! You colored her beautifully... and you're right about the hair... fantastic :)
Cheryl Valadez said…
Beautiful! Love this image and your card is crazy cool!
ellepaulette said…
What a beauty!! Great job!! :)
FABO card and I too LOOOOOOOOVE Abby! I bought a stamp because it made me think of her too! LOL!!

Love the colors and looking forward to getting my hands on these digis soon!!!
Jen Shults said…
This is gorgeous Ali! I love how you colored her and that sentiment is fabulous! Hugs!!
Erica said…
Beautiful card! Love everything about it! Feel better soon!
Anonymous said…
Wowzers This card Rocks!!

I love how you've coloured her to look like Abby, that hair is brilliant.

I love the sentiment too
Hope your feeling better soon
Suzi
xxx
Laura B said…
Gorgeous! Loving the way you colored her!:)

hugs,
Laura
Mary G. said…
LOVE this! I think I'll have to check out that stamp line!
Daniella said…
She rocks!! and i feel weird saying this, but I thought of Abby as soon as I saw her!!!

Google connect? um. I'll try!!
Daniella said…
ok. I get it!! google connect, being a friend/follower of the blog. Bitchin'!!
Beth said…
Ooh - hope you are feeling better!! That flu sucks!! I love Pierrette!! You did a rad job here! (She was totally inspired by Pauly, btw! That's where her name comes from!) :) Another great job!! GET BETTER!! xx
Randi said…
Super cool Alison! I love how you colored her, especially her hair! She looks like a fun image to color!
Alyssa S said…
This is gorgeous! This little gal reminds me of you...so pretty! I love your coloring/shading on her...fab card, Alison!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...