Skip to main content

Stamp Insanity Challenge 1

Hello!!! I am so damn excited! I am going to be sharing my first Stamp Insanity Challenge with you today! I already LOVE being a GroovyGurl!!! We are starting off with a sketch challenge that needed to include an image(s) from Beth’s brand spankin’ new Les Coquettes collection. First, here’s the sketch:

SIS

So…I changed it up a bit, which is something I don’t normally do with sketch challenges. I usually just rotate it or something, but here… yeah. It’s different. But it looks so cool!!!

waterSIS1

Meet Nicholette. Ain’t she totally rad??? I love her! And she was so much fun to color! But about the challenge… To start off, I’m not really a scallop person. They’re ok… but I’m not really a fan. So instead, I decided to run my purple oval through my crimper to give it that fab wave. Then, I really thought that I needed to center her and add the gems on both sides (I have 3 on each side. There’s a teeny square purple one in the center of a square on either side.). Click on any photo to see it bigger! Plus, I knew it needed an additional little something so I added my fang-tastic Martha Stewart border punch (spritzed with Glimmer Mist) on top and bottom.

IMG_0445

Here’s a close up of pretty Nicholette. As usual, I pulled out my colored pencils and went to town. I also added an eensy weensy rhinestone flower to her hat, and a touch of stickles to the balls on her umbrella. Seriously, click on this pic so you can see it all!

IMG_0447

Now I want you to go off and see the rest of the GroovyGurlz crazy amazing creations. And be sure to check out the Stamp Insanity blog itself!

  • Jeri Moody
  • Jennifer Olauson
  • Lisa Foster
  • Margie Cortina
  • Sarabeth Burke
  • Suzi MacKenzie
  • Tonya Klar

    You are SO gonna wanna snag these digis for yourself! Make sure you snag ‘em from Tonya’s Shop!

  • Comments

    Anonymous said…
    You totally Rocked this challenge, your colouring is awesome, love it:)
    Suzi
    xxx
    Anonymous said…
    awesome job with the challenge ali! i really love the frame you gave nicholette :)

    xoxo
    Wow! This is sooo you! I love your style and how you changed up the sketch too! Gorgeous :)

    hugs!
    Beth said…
    Brilliant job improvising that scallop!! I so love the way you interpret sketches and make your art completely your own! This is another awesome project!!! xx And Nic looks completely amazing, too. :)
    Barb said…
    Beautiful job, Alison! LOVE that image, and you've colored her wonderfully!
    Jennifer said…
    Alison, your card is amazing. Glimmer Mist is my new favorite tool to use after seeing all your wonderful projects. I am so glad to to working with you on SI.
    ~Jeri~ said…
    You 'flippin' rocked this sketch and image Alison!! The colors are awesome and I love the way you used the MS Drippy Goo Punch!! Such amazing talent!!
    Cheryl Valadez said…
    One word...WOW! Love the image and they way you have brought her to life! The card is freakin' awesome!
    Erica said…
    Beautiful! I love your color choice! Wonderful work!
    Tonya Klar said…
    I LOVE this card! The colors are amazing. I love how you added the Glimmer Mist, it adds flare! I went and bought this punch just because of this card!!! I adore what you've done!
    Lisa Foster said…
    OMG! This rocks off the charts! LOVE the colors..especially her hair! AWESOME!!!
    Alison- this is AWESOME!! I am soooooooooooooooo glad to see images this direction. I really love Maddie and this just gets me too!! FABULOUS!!!!
    You did a wonderful job with this, wonderful!
    Leigh Ann Baird said…
    Excellent job! Love the hair! I am afraid of glimmer mist!LOL I'm such a weenie. I used to love scallop circles/ovals and while they look fine on other people's projects, I'm not digging them for myself much these days.
    Julie said…
    This is incredible! Seriously -- the coloring is just off the charts-awesome. You and Beth's stamps are definitely a good match!
    Laura B said…
    I love it! This card is completely awesome!:)

    hugs,
    Laura
    Randi said…
    Super cool card Alison! Love the blue and turquoise with the kraft, and all of the amazing details!
    Beth said…
    Still loving this!!! xx

    Popular posts from this blog

    Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

    Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

    Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

    Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

    Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

    Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...