Skip to main content

Twilight Tuesday Color Challenge #1

Hello Twi-Hards~ I have an exciting new type of TTIC for you today! A Color Challenge!!! This is going to be so much fun! Instead of having a theme to work with, we are going to be using colors to create our projects! Make anything you want! A card, layout, jewelry… anything! Here’s what I wrote on the TTIC blog (woah! My 2nd blog post for them this week!)

Greetings and welcome to Twilight Tuesday’s very first Color Challenge! Every couple of weeks, we will be giving you a brand new color challenge. This is going to be a lot of fun!

Your first Color Challenge is going to feature Edward’s coloring. The first color is Butterscotch for his eyes (when he isn’t hungry!), second is Alabaster for his pale, pale skin, and third is Reddish-Brown for his fabulous hair!

Have fun with this! Can’t wait to see what you all make!!!

So, as you can see, I’m pulling colors right from the books! But, your project does not have to be Twi-themed (but of course we would love it if it was!) Here’s my card:

IMG_9702

Originally, I was going to do something with flowers… But then I came across this stamp set from Cosmo Cricket, and I just had to use it! The wood grain stamp and the owl are from their Happy Camper set… The swirls are from a company called Time Flies.

IMG_9704

I used Adirondack (Ranger) embossing powder is Espresso for the wood, and black for the owl. Color Box’s Chalk Ink in Amber Clay for the swirls, accented with Ranger’s Distress Stickles in Vintage Photo (see how cool it looks Laura?!) I edged the card in more Amber Clay and a bit of Burnt Sienna. That’s it! Simple and cute, but I got the colors in! Now I want you to go and see the rest of the DT’s awesome projects!

Dani ~ Donna

Erica ~ Jen ~ Jodi ~ Julie

Margie ~ Rebecca

Now it’s your turn! Go and play with color!!!

Comments

Beth said…
CUTE! I love the tree and owl... Edward doesn't eat owls, does he?? :) This is a beautiful color combo - great challenge! xx
Jennifer said…
Very cute! i hope you had a RAD birthday. What did you get? I hope it was something good.
Jen Shults said…
Happy Birthday (a little late!)!!! I hope you had a great day yesterday!

I love your card. You did a great job with these colors... that stamp is so cute! :D
ellepaulette said…
What a great card! How perfect! Great DP and the little owl is cute!! :)
Unknown said…
Ali this is such a cute card...Love that little stamp and your DP is perfect!! Xx
Erica said…
I love the wood grain effect! This is a beautiful card. Amazing work!
Rebecca said…
Awesome project! I have some distress stickles and never think to use them :-) I'll have to dig them out!
Jodi said…
Hey Alison a VERY Happy Belated Birthday to you hun!! I am still trying to get a hang of the right days for the challenges! oh boy!
I love this wonderful card you did!! It's so cool with the wood grain effect!
Hugs
Jodi =)
Laura B said…
Such a cool card!:)

hugs,
Laura

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...