Skip to main content

TTSBC #2 Jasper Says Relax...

Hello again! Yes, I’ve been on a bit of a blog hiatus, what with the Holidays and the icky stomach virus that took up residence in my house. Somehow, I was very fortunate and was spared from getting sick, but Nix is still not quite right. Gene and Rhi seem to be just fine now. Thank you for all the well-wishes!!!

So, I am pleased to announce that today marks the second Twilight Tuesday Scrapbooking Challenge! I am so excited about giving you these challenges every other Monday (I’ll be rotating with Dani’s awesome Sketch Challenges!). So, without further ado, here’s what you’ll find on the TTIC Blog:

Welcome to the second Twilight Tuesday Scrapbooking Challenge! The Holidays are almost over, so maybe you can find some time to play along with us! This week's challenge is about one of the Cullen boys... Jasper has the special ability to control the emotions of the people in a room. He often made Bella relax in Twilight. Who in your life does that for you? Maybe you have a special place you go to to find peace. What is your "Jasper?" Make a scrapbook page representing that person or place! Or, you can make a layout about Jasper himself!

Here is what some of the Design Team has come up with:

Erica (her post will be up a little later) ~ Tonya

And here is my project:

IMG_9620

Ahhhhh…….. this is the place I would love to be right now…. in my warm bed with my husband’s arms wrapped around me. It’s so blissful. So peaceful. I love our room, our bed, just being in that room chills me out and then, add to that laying there entwined with Gene… pure Heaven.

IMG_9621

Click on any of the photos to see them bigger.

I set my camera up in a tripod with the timer on to get this shot. Here’s what I journaled on the page:

“There is no better place to relax than right here. There are no arms that make me feel as secure as yours. I love laying in bed with you. You holding me, our bodies touching, your breath on my neck. There is nothing more relaxing than you.”

Gene is definitely my Jasper. He absolutely can influence my mood. Just a look can relax me, or even excite me! ;} And I often count on him to make me a bit calmer. And he does it so easily. Ok… enough of me typing. He’s downstairs right now and I think I’d like him to hold me for a while…

Comments

Randi said…
Beautiful layout Alison! Hope everyone is feeling better! I've been away from blogland, too! Hope you had a wonderful holiday, despite the ickies. And, have an amazing and safe New Year!
Laura B said…
I love the project you did for this, it's so sweet!:) I'm hoping that sometime this week I'll get to do this challenge and the first one. I really want to do both!

-Laura
Tonya Klar said…
This is absolutely awe inspiring! How blessed you are, Ali! Hold tight!!! This is absolutely perfect!!
What an inspiring and soooo romantic layout!
Lucky, lucky girlie ;)

Have a safe, happy, blessed New Year :*)
~ margie

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...