Skip to main content

Oh the Horror! S&S December Challenge

Greetings! Today I am bring you a card I made for Smeared and Smudged.  One of the many mini groups in S&S is “Oh the Horror!” It’s about… you guessed it, all things horror. So Terra (our fearless leader), gave us a movie poster to draw inspiration from. Here it is…

I love the colors in this poster (although, overall,, I think the art is pretty rad!). So, the colors are what I used for my card.

IMG_8591

Please click on the photos to see them bigger! I used my Spirit of Winter stamp from Stamp Oasis. Isn’t she lovely and mysterious? I used a whole mess of things to color this card in. Watercolor markers, Twinkle H2O’s, chalk, colored pencils. I love mixed media!

IMG_8592

A close up of the Spirit.

IMG_8593

Do you see the shimmer from the Twinkle H20’s? I am really happy with this card. I abso love the colors. I have sent this card out to Julie. Hopefully she got it already! ;}

That’s it for today… sorry about the short post. I have much to do for Nix’s B-Day tomorrow and the kids’ bash on Sat. Plus, we are headed off to the library now! Until next time!!!

Comments

Tonya Klar said…
How very, very lovely and COOL!!! Your card looks really interesting! You did a crazy cool job on this! Vincent Price! Saw his name on the movie poster and all I can think of now are Edgar Allen Poe movies... FUN!
Beth said…
Freaking awesome - you amaze me! AWEsome job!!! xx
Laura B said…
Really, really cool!:)

-Laura
Randi said…
Alison, this is so stunning! I love that image!! So beautifully colored! Love the Twinks!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...