Skip to main content

Gold Digger

Hello! I am so excited to share my first card as a Smeared and Smudged Design Team Member! So for this card I created a project that I have been wanting to make for a while. I’ve blogged about the main stamp once before… you can view it HERE. So take a look at what I’ve made this time around…

IMG_8429

I just love the stamp of the woman digging… so many weird creepy things can be made for her. Yeah, ok… maybe she’s gardening…but I just don’t see her doing such a mundane thing! I really want to do a whole series of cards with her. I’ve got several ideas, but I’m open to more! Got any???

IMG_8430

Sorry the photo is a little dark… I was trying to get a shot of the Glimmer Mist. Click on the photo to see it bigger!

So, what’s Smeared and Smudged you ask? It’s a alternative, gothic, retro, crazy cool stamping group! There ain’t no cutsey kittens here (not that I don’t love kittens…)! The group has all sorts of awesome categories, like Vamp Kamp, Oh, the Horror!, Perfect Pinups, and Fairy Fantasy. Interested? Stop by and visit! Join the forums and chat with us! Put up some of your own super cool creations! Smeared and Smudged is a pretty new group, so we are all just starting to get to know each other. Needless to say, I am so honored to be a part of this totally rad new group!

Back to my card for a moment… My lovely lady is from Paper Candy. Letter stamps from Martha Stewart. Paper from Basic Grey, EK Success, and Prima. Cauldron from QuicKutz. I used some Gold Glimmer Mist in the background. She is colored with my Spectracolor colored pencils. Oh! And I used Queen’s Gold embossing powder from Ranger.

IMG_8431

I think that’s about it! Have an awesome day…I’m gonna go and try to make some Holiday cards now!

Comments

Unknown said…
This card rocks Alison! I love her, I can think of lots of things she could be doing also, and none of them are gardening! LOL. Thanks for such a fabulous 1st S&S Design Team Card!
Laura B said…
This card is great! It made me smile as soon as I saw it.:)

-Laura
Diane said…
You could always do one with her burying her ex... insert evil snide grin LOL Ding dong the bastards gone ! I'm just throwing it out there :D
I must say I do love the card youv'e made, I can think of a few friends that would apperciate that!
Jacqueline said…
LOVE this!! gave me a chuckle! so perfect! Xx
Alyssa S said…
Love it! I think she looks like she's diggin' a grave - maybe her hubby pissed her off one too many times!! Can't wait to see what else you do on this team - it's so up your alley!
Tonya Klar said…
OMG!I know exactly what she's doing...she's in the Dirt Room video by Blue October!!! Hells yeah!! Diane...CRACKING ME UPPPPPP!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...