Skip to main content

TTIC Make-Up Week

Hey everybody! Because of the Holiday, TTIC is taking a break from releasing a new challenge this week. Instead, it’s going to be a catch up week, which is great because there are definitely some challenges I wanted to do but couldn’t for one reason or another. So, I decided to use Beth’s Challenge from May 26th: Favorite New Moon Quote. Click on the title to check out the original posting. Here’s the quote I chose:

“Before you, Bella, my life was alike a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars- points of light and reason. …And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly, everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. “ -New Moon pg. 514

And here’s my project.

Picture 001

Picture 002

Picture 003

I have been on a mega jewelry kick lately, and all I wanna do is make necklaces, so I thought that I could translate my quote into a piece of wearable homage to Twilight. I used a beautiful piece of dichroic glass for my interpretation of Bella as the meteor. The starlight sky is the glimmering eyelash yarn. There are actually sheer, shiny threads throughout the yarn. It always reminded me of a shimmering night sky. I then added a couple of iridescent beads and 2 stars (one of which is a warm butterscotch color…for Edward’s eyes!) I made the beads hang asymmetrically, ‘cause that’s what I prefer in general. I think that the materials accurately depicts what Edward is saying in this lovely paragraph. The dichroic pendant really is the fire, and brilliancy of the piece. But I think the use of the eyelash yarn adds a bit of whimsy to the piece as well.

I’m really glad I got to create something from one of the past challenges. There’s still more I want to tackle, we’ll just have to see what kind of time I have. Now it’s your turn! Go to www.twilighttuesday.com to participate in this make-up week! Pick any of the past challenges and have fun!!! Make sure you comment on the blog so that we can all visit your blog and see what you’ve created. Until next time, spread the Twilight love!

Comments

ellepaulette said…
This is so lovely! Great job!!
rebecca said…
this is absolutely INCREDIBLE!!! I love it!
Unknown said…
Beautiful Alison....You are so talented...I'm so lucky I know you and can brag!! Xx
Anonymous said…
heyy, thanks for the comment. my drawing ability has a long way to go yet =] i'll ask around about the comments thing.

i couldn't find your e-mail so if you send me one i can reply haylzee@msn.com

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...