Skip to main content

Special TTIC! Collaboration With Dragonflycurls!

It may be Wednesday, but there is another TTIC challenge for this week! Bonus! Here’s the story:

Today we are so excited to tell you we are doing an EXTRA challenge today!  Graciously sponsored by Audra at Dragonflycurls.

Image1

She makes some amazing handmade Twilight themed stamps.  Make sure you go and check out her site!
plain-white-tag

Here is the link for her etsy store:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6867385

And here is the special bonus challenge for you:

What team do you play for? Team Edward or Team Jacob? Are you still loyal to your original team? Or have you switched sides? Or do you play for both teams now? Let’s show some love for the boys ladies! Fangs or fur, vamp bites or dog breath? Have the trailers for New Moon maybe changed your opinion of who you used to like? Come on now…be honest!

Sincere thanks to goes out to Audra from all of us at Twilight Tuesday. We’re really happy to collaborate with dragonflycurls for this fun challenge!

Our Design Team has played along with challenge today – visit their blogs to see their creations!

Alison ~ Beth ~Dani ~Donna ~ Eve ~ Jacquie~ Jen ~ Julie ~(Filling in for Margie is…..Erica)~ Tonya

Please join in and play along with us and leave a comment with your link!

So here is my project:

Bella's Lullaby 011 Sometimes, your materials just make the project for you. Sometimes, your materials are just so good, that you don’t really have to do a whole lot of work. That was the case with this card! My awesome stamp from Dragonflycurls along with this piece of scrap paper from who-knows-where practically assembled itself into this really majestic card.

I love how the flourishes remind me of the lion’s tail. The colors, of his mane. Yeah, I’m totally Team Edward… but I do have love for Jacob. Here’s a close-up of my Dragonflycurls stamp:

Bella's Lullaby 010 I stamped it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The wording and shadow I did with my watercolor markers. The rest… well the rest is on the paper! Like I said, with the right combination of materials, your projects can practically make themselves!

So, I am really inspired by this challenge to make more “Team” stuff. Hopefully, I’ll have a chance to do some more fun cards in the vein of this challenge! But for now, this Team Edward card certainly does the job of showing which side I’m on!

Comments

Erica said…
I love this card. The scrap paper worked absolutely prefectly for the card. Love your watercolor work as well.
Jacqueline said…
Ali this is the PERFECT piece of paper for this image! I DO love how the swirls remind me of the tail!! Such a beautiful card, amazing!! Love it! Hugs!
ellepaulette said…
What a great card! Don't you just love it when things just come together to create something perfect!!
Julie said…
Wow -- this is so incredibly creative! I love all the details - the shadows around the lion and the lamb are beautiful!
Anonymous said…
WOW. WOW WOW WOW! You are totally right. This card just came together beautifully! I love the swirls too and the way you added the image is just divine. BEAUTIFUL JOB!
Unknown said…
Ali...Beautiful card!!! I love the swirls, the image, the words...Oh I just love it all! Amazing work you talented thing you!!! Xx
Jen said…
This turned out great. You are right that paper is just amazing. I love that you stamped with the distress ink. I've been itching to try that myself.
Jamee said…
Your card is beautiful :)

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...