Skip to main content

Summer Splendor

It is far too nice outside (finally!!!) to sit indoors. Since there is a bit of lovely wind, it precludes me from really getting any crafting done. But I wanted to post today anyway. Here, I am sharing some photos of a couple of lovely flowers I am lucky enough to have in my garden. I haven’t really been able to spend much time outside since it’s been raining as if we were in Forks here, but fortunately, I do have some lovely jewels around my home. Enjoy!

Bella's Lullaby 004

Bella's Lullaby 005

This first flower is a Passion Flower. I have worked three years to get it to bloom! I purchased it with a couple of flowers on it… but after that, it never flowered again. I was so thrilled to see these beautiful and unusual blossoms. It’s a spectacular plant!

Bella's Lullaby 006

Bella's Lullaby 007

Here is my proud and lovely Crystal Calla Lilly. For some reason, the very first bloom this plant produces each year is a double. One flower inside another. It’s pretty wild to see! What’s really great about this particular variety of Calla, is that as the flowers age, the color changes from white to pale pink to a dark pink. It’s so pretty!

Comments

Julie said…
Oh, that calla lily! That is just astoundingly beautiful -- thanks for sharing such beautiful pics!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...