Skip to main content

June Sparkle Blends Blog Hop

Greetings! It's time for the June Doodles Paper Playground Sparkle Blends Release Hop! There are 6 glorious new Sparkle Blends, and the Designer Divas are going to be sharing projects using them. Be sure to head over to the Doodles Paper Playground Blog to get all of the details on the new Sparkle Blends and the hop info. My card today uses the gorgeous and seriously magical Unicorn Dreams.
I started off with a scrap piece of Rainbow Shattered Glass DecoFoil from Therm O Web. I had already applied it to a piece of cardstock with double sided sheet tape. I stamped my butterfly (from Stampendous' Cling Lilac stamp set) with StazOn Pigment ink in Piano Black and then used the coordinating die cut on it. Because the butterfly was all turquoise, Unicorn Dreams was really the perfect Blend for my shaker.
Look at those fabulous colors in Unicorn Dreams! There's pinks, purples, turquoise, plus unicorn heads and full unicorns! Ooh, and I can't forget to mention the stars.....they're just beautiful. I cut my shaker window out of gray cardstock with an Elizabeth Crafts die and backed the window with a scrap piece of paper from K & Co.
I really love the Sugar Script dies from Birch Press Designs, and I used their Big Thanks dies with purple cardstock for the bottom layer and a cool houndstooth print for the top. I also added a few sequins from the Unicorn Dreams Sparkle Blend to the top of my card with On Point Glue from Imagine.
I just love the colors on this card and in this Sparkle Blend. Mixing the patterns gives the card a lot of interest too, even though it is a fairly clean and simple design. Please be sure to join the Sparkle Blends Fan Club on Facebook to get a replay of my "FB Live" from last week. I'll be doing another one very soon on the Doodles Paper Playground main page, and I hope you'll join me. Be sure to go through the entire hop and leave some love along the way to get a chance to win some Sparkle Blends. And if you just can't wait, head over to the White Rose Crafts LLC shop to grab some. You can use my code, "Alison 15" to get 15% off of your purchase. Below is the full hop list. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!


Alison (that's me!)


Comments

Denise Bryant said…
Gorgeous card! Love that beautiful butterfly and the Unicorn Dreams Blend!
My favorite is the Ruby Birthstone Collection Blend!
cghundley said…
How gorgeous and
I love the Butterfly!
Carla from Utah
MadeByMeghanK said…
WOW! I love the butterfly and the color combo you used!
Lisa said…
The card is gorgeous! I love the how you put the colors together. And the butterfly is amazing!!
Michelle said…
LOVE how SPARKLEY the butterfly is and how it pops off the front of your card ❤
Michelle said…
LOVE how SPARKLEY the butterfly is and how it pops off the front of the card ❤
Sue D said…
So pretty with the butterfly.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...