Skip to main content

June WRC Sketch Challenge

Greetings! Today I am sharing a scrapbook page that I made with the June Sketch Challenge from White Rose Crafts. I challenged myself at the beginning of the year to do each of the sketches as a scrapbook page, and so far, I've accomplished that. I turned this month's sketch on it's side to make it work with my photos.
These pictures are back from 2014 when we first gave my son a wood burning tool. His first creation was a phoenix, and he did a really fantastic job. So that's what this page is about. To make the page, I used a piece of purple cardstock that matched his shirt nicely. Then I chose a piece of patterned paper from Kaisercraft's Kaleidoscope paper pad to go behind the smaller photo and the journaling box.
For the journaling box, I used an old piece of platinum metallic vellum that I had in my stash. I thought it went really well with the Nuvo Expanding Mousse in Worn Linen.
I used the Studio Light "Circles & Pluses" stencil with the Nuvo Mousse all around the edges of my layout. I heated the Mousse up with my heat tool to get it to expand.
I also added a strip of houndstooth patterned paper, called "Caution" and several sequins from the "Storm Cloud" Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. I attached them with On Point Glue from Imagine. I love playing along with sketch challenges. I found this one to be a little tricky to translate into a scrapbook page, but the challenge is a big part of the fun, right? If you'd like to play along, please head over to the White Rose Crafts Gallery on Facebook to join in. And be sure to hit the WRC shop to browse some of the many amazing products they carry. You can use my code, "Alison 15" to save 15% off of your purchase. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...