Skip to main content

Dragonfly Ride

Hello! I love House Mouse Designs, so I was excited that the Stampendous team was sharing projects featuring these little sweeties this week. I decided to work with Dragonfly Ride, and have them flying through the air with a Meadow's Edge backgrounds. I am entering this card into the House Mouse & Friends Challenge #293, which is "Summer Fun."
Supplies:
Stampendous:
HMM24: House Mouse Dragonfly Ride
SSC1294: Meadows Edge Perfectly Clear Stamps
SSCM5004: House Mouse So Sweet Perfectly Clear Stamps
MPW811: Mixed Media White Paper

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Madras Blue
Imagine: VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 026, 028, 033, 049, 064, 071, 065, 068, 072, 091, 094, 097, 099, 303, 400, 803
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner, Foam Squares
Canson Mixed Media Paper
Artist's Chalk and applicators (you can use Q-Tips)
Directions:
1. Stamp Dragonfly Ride on Canson Mixed Media Paper with VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne.

2. Color the stamped image with the Zig Markers listed.

3. Fussy cut the the colored in image.

4. On Stampendous Mixed Media White Paper, stamp a scene using the Meadows Edge stamp set with Nocturne ink.

5. Color the stamped scene with chalk.

6. Stamp the sentiment from the So Sweet set with Nocturne ink.

7. Create the card base with Madras Blue cardstock, cut to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2."

8. Adhere the background to the card base with EZ Runner.

9. Attach the mice to the background with foam squares.
This was such a fun card to put together. I love creating scenes with the Meadow's Edge stamps, and adding the little House Mouse stamp on top with foam really created a fun little scene. Please be sure to visit the rest of the Stampendous Team to see what they've been creating with House Mouse Designs over on the Blog. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Bunny said…
A beautiful scene. I'd like to take a ride with a dragonfly. Your card is very cute and your coloring is lovely. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends
Sue said…
Love the scene you created with the little mice riding a dragonfly. The background stamps are perfect for this image. And you have colored it up beautifully. So happy that you joined the fun and entered your card in the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge, thanks so much.

Hugs
Sue
Sue said…
Super cute scene, love it. Thanks for sharing it with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue
Dorte said…
Such a sweet card with a cute image. Thanks for sharing your project with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
Dorte x
KarinsArtScrap said…
this is so very beautiful
Thank you for playing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
Goodluck and hope we see you again.

Gr Karin DT Member


Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...