Skip to main content

Heaven is a Little Closer at the Beach

Hello! It's officially June and that means there are NEW Sparkle Blends! Six new Blends are getting released this month, and they are total stunners! I am sharing one of them with you today, and I can't wait for you to see the rest.
My card today was inspired by the new Mermazing Sparkle Blend. I love the watery colors, the pearl-like beads, and of course the mermaid sequins! Here's a closer look at what's in this Blend.
On top of my shaker window, I used an older stamp and die set from Stampendous. I colored the images with Zig Clean Color Markers. My sentiment is from Stampendous' Ocean Wisdom stamp set. Outside of my window, I lightly inked some Salty Ocean Distress Oxide to pull the colors in the shaker forward.
The Mermazing Sparkle Blend has a lot of room to move, not only because of my large window, but also because I used 1/8" thick Foam Tape from Brutus Monroe. It's super flexible and goes around curves quite nicely. I inked the edge of my white card base with VersaFine Clair ink in Nocturne, which is also the ink I used to stamp my images.
I am really excited to be giving you one of the first looks at the Mermazing Sparkle Blend. This release is full of beautiful colors and textures, and I know you're going to love it. The new Sparkle Blends will be available for purchase in a few days at White Rose Crafts. They are the exclusive retailer for Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. Feel free to use my code, "Alison 15" to save 15% off of your purchase. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Christine Kiehl said…
Such a lovely nautical themed card! I agree 100% too!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...