Skip to main content

Puppy Playmates and Scenic Meadows

Greetings! This week, the Stampendous Design Team is sharing projects featuring our "Furry Friends." I think the pups in the "Puppy Playmates" are just adorable, so I chose to work with one of them on today's card, plus the new Scenic Meadows stamp set. My full instructions are below.
Supplies:
Stampendous:
QS5025: Puppy Playmates
QD5025: Puppy Playmates Die Set (Optional)
QS5027: Scenic Meadows
DCP1005: Fitted Frames Set A
MPW811: Mixed Media White Paper

Other:
Bo Bunny: Turquoise Vintage Cardstock
Imagine: VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne
My Colors Cardstock: Sky
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 031, 037, 060, 064, 075
Canson Mixed Media Paper
Colored Chalk
Pro Art: Fixative Spray

Directions:
1. Stamp the dog and sentiment on to Canson Mixed Media Paper with Nocturne Ink.

2. Color the dog with the Zig Markers listed.

3. Cut out the dog using the coordinating die or by fussy cutting.

4. Die cut the sentiment with the Small "A" Fitted Frame.

5. Die cut a mat out of Sky cardstock using the Large "A" Fitted Frame.

6. Stamp the background with the Scenic Meadows stamps with Nocturne Ink on to Stampendous' Mixed Media White Paper.

7. Color in the background using colored chalk.

8. Spray the background with Spray Fixative to keep the chalk from rubbing off.

9. Create the card base out of Bo Bunny Turquoise Vintage cardstock, cut to 4 1/4" x 11."

10. Glue all layers with EZ Runner.
The Scenic Meadow stamp set creates scenes so quickly. And coloring them with chalk is very fast as well. The Puppy Playmates work so well with this set, and you can easily interchange them on your cards. Please be sure to visit the rest of the Stampendous team over on the Blog. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...