Skip to main content

Copper Penny Hex Shakers

Hello Crafty Friends! Today I am sharing a shaker card using the gorgeous Copper Penny Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. But before we jump in, let me ask you....do you play along with The Daily Marker's 30 Day Coloring Challenge? I try to play along each time it happens, but I admittedly have a tough time completing the entire month, unfortunately. I really need to work on that! The reason I ask is because I am guessing that some of you, like me, wind up with a bunch of colored images but not a completed project. I keep an envelope of my colored images on my desk so that I can rummage through them any time I need to make something quick, or I'm not sure what I feel like working on. That's what I did with this card. This adorable kitty from Vera Lane was colored and fussy cut some time ago, but I just didn't have a chance to complete a project with him. He's part of the Quirky Zombie Couple and Cat digi set.
 I colored the cat with Memento Markers, which helped me to choose the right Sparkle Blend for my card. Copper Penny was just perfect because of the shades of oranges, copper, golds, and touches of dark teal.
 To create my shakers, I used the Hex Dies from Simon Says Stamp and CZ Designs. I actually kept my Hex shapes attached to each other, to ensure they were lined up nicely with each other. I cut them out, then I used the 2 striped Hex Stamps from the coordinating set, stamped with Tea Dye Distress Oxide on Neenah Desert Storm cardstock. I backed the shakers with a scrap from a very old piece of DCWV patterned cardstock.
 I like to add a few sequins to the outside of my card for some added dimension and shine. I use On Point Glue for this. I added a sentiment from Simon Says Stamp and I added my shaker panel to a brown card base.
This kitty cracks me up! He looks like he is just barely holding it together. And I bet a lot of us can relate (I know I can!). I hope you'll head on over to White Rose Crafts LLC to check out Copper Penny and the rest of the Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. They are the exclusive retailer for this sparkly goodness. Thank you so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...