Skip to main content

Let's Celebrate!

Hello! Winter has officially come to an end and I am ready to celebrate! So today I am sharing a card that screams Spring with one of my favorite stamps that is available at White Rose Crafts. It's the Hellebore from Stampendous, and yup, I've used this big, beautiful bloom before. It is a true favorite.
A couple of weeks ago, I did a Facebook Live in the White Rose Crafts Gallery group that showed some different techniques with Distress Oxide Inks. One of them was Ink Smooshing, with an embossed image, and coloring on top. This card was mostly made during that video. If you watched the video, what you didn't see was how i finished off the coloring of the Hellebore, and how I added some additional ink to the edges and the embellishments.
I had used some Gold Sheer Shimmer Spritz to help move and oxidize the ink while I was making the background. You can see all of the gorgeous shimmer and the flower has from it. To add color to the petals, I used one Zig Clean Color marker and a water brush. I also used one color for the stamens.
I added a simple pre-made sentiment from Kaisercraft's Bombay Sunset 6" x 6" paper pad and a few sequins from the "Amethyst" Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. Adding some Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide to the edges really tied the background into the flower and gave the card more depth.
The techniques I used on this card are fun and pretty easy to do. It's great to this type of coloring on images that you may be intimidated to color. I think it turned out beautiful, and I hope you'll give it a try. Be sure to watch the Facebook Live to see how the background was created. And then, head on over to White Rose Crafts LLC to check out some of the products I used today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...