Skip to main content

Margarita Shaker

Hello! This week, the White Rose Crafts Design Team is sharing projects that feature Jillibean Soup products. They have such fun items like sweet stamps, coordinating dies, and shaker windows. My card today is a shaker, but it doesn't use their pre-made windows.
 I use Jillibean Soup's Lemonade stamps and coordinating dies, which by the way, have an amazing price point! On a piece of white cardstock, I stamped out a ton of the fruit slices and wedges in assorted citrus colors of Memento and VersaMagic inks from Imagine. I thought that doing a whole bunch at once would save me time in the future when I use the rest of the pieces. For this card, I used only a couple of lemons and an orange. I inked the lid up with 2 London Fog and Gray Flannel Memento, to make it look more interesting than using one, flat color. I also stamped the straw, but I used Scrapberry's Stains Ink in Blue . The straw doesn't have a die, so I fussy cut it.
I didn't need to use the jar stamp itself, just the die to begin my shaker. I wanted it to look as though the straw was actually inside the mason jar, so I cut it apart and put part of it under the shaker window, and some of it above the lid. I filled the shaker with my lemon and orange wedges, as well as the "Citrus Twist" Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. Then I backed the shaker with light blue cardstock. I thought this helped to add to the "glassy" look.
I stamped my sentiments in Gray Flannel Memento Ink, and I added just a few additional sequins to the top of the card. I put the shaker panel on to a gray card base and considered it done. I think it's adorable and fun, I really do love how the straw looks inside and out of the jar. And who could resist using this perfect Sparkle Blend. I am crazy about all of the teeny tiny fruits!
Be sure to head over to White Rose Crafts LLC to check out the rest of the products from Jillibean Soup. They are all adorable and versatile. I will definitely be using this stamp and die set a lot. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...