Skip to main content

For My Friend

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team has been sharing projects featuring the new Curios Stamps, as well as a small glimpse into our crafty spaces. The Curio stamps are meant to be displayed, so we wanted to show ours off! Today, my card features Birdie Friend.

I stamped the Birdie Friend with VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne, and colored it in with Zig Clean Color Markers. Then I gave it a loose fussy cut. I die cut the Large Q Fitted Frame out of lavender cardstock and inked the edges with Aquamarine Chalk Ink.

On pink cardstock, I inked up the Diamond Grid stencil with Worn Lipstick distress Oxide Ink. I also added some fabric washi tape to the side of my card, where the fold is. For some sparkle, I added just a few sequins from the Doodles Paper Playground Spring Fling Sparkle Blend.


This is my card in my craft room. I got this little unit from IKEA and it is just perfect for storing the papers and some other things I use frequently. So up on top with my card and Curio stamp is some pencils and specialty pens, as well as some sequins. Below that, I have some images that I have pre-colored, as well as backgrounds, precut borders, and pieces that are just waiting to be put on cards. The next level is printed out digis that I haven't colored yet. Next are the My Colors Cardstoks that I use for my Stampendous projects. Below that are the My Colors scraps. Last, are much older digis or stamped images that need to be colored. I use this little tower a LOT, and it has really helped me to stay organized.

So that's my card and a small portion of my crafting space. Please be sure to visit the Stampendous Blog to see more Curio projects. Thank for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Donna Ellis said…
So tweetly colored in those bright, cheerful hues! I especially like your color choices with the diamond grid stencil on the background. Lovely creation!
Linda BL said…
A very sweet card! Love your color choices. Thanks for the glimpse into your crafting space. The Curio looks so nice displayed in your craft room!
Jean said…
Just darling! That birdie is so cute!
McStamper said…
Your project is adorable. Love the birdie.
sharon g said…
The bird is just precious. I like the mint green coloring, too.
Tracey Magner said…
oh that is so beautiful, I love your colors and I love the way you displayed it. Thanks Tracey Magner

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...