Skip to main content

Snowman Peeking

Hello! At Stampendous, we are starting to think about Christmas in July. I know that's not everyone's cup of tea, and usually it's not mine either. But with the release of the July catalog, the new Christmas (and other holiday) images have me almost dreaming of a White Christmas. In addition, we are sharing projects that use fantastic Bo Bunny paper, like their beloved Double Dot collection. Today, I am sharing the adorable Snowman Peeking stencil. There are so many opportunities to customize this guy! Full directions on how I made this card are below. 
*I get free products from some companies (including Stampendous) to share projects with their items. Sometimes, my posts contain affiliate links, at no cost to you. 



Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4078: Snowman Peeking Stencil
DWLL332: Picasso Tool/Shield
DP111: Detail Black Embossing Powder
EP222: Carnelian Embossing Powder
EP525: Sparkle Puff Embossing Powder
EP161: Winter Green Embossing Powder
EP180: Aqua Tinsel Embossing Powder
FRG10C: Shaved Ice
MPW811: Mixed Media White Paper

Other:
Imagine: VersaMark Ink, Sponge Dauber, On Point Glue
My Colors Cardstock: Caribbean Sea
Bo Bunny: 12TD300: Turquoise Double Dot
Creative Impressions: #70959- 3/8" Black with White Stitching Ribbon
Scotch Tape, ATG Gun

Directions:
1. Tape the Snowman Peeking Stencil to a piece of Mixed Media Paper, but only at the top, to create a hinge.

2. Using VersaMark Ink and a sponge dauber, apply the ink to the eyes and mouth of the stencil. I recommend using either the Picasso tool or a piece of tape to tape off the nose, so that you don't ink that area accidentally.

3. Lift the stencil up using the tap hinge (keep it attached) and sprinkle Detail Black Embossing Powder on to the inked areas. Heat set.

4. Replace the stencil and ink the nose with VersaMark. Use the Picasso tool or tape to avoid inking other areas.

5. Lift the stencil and sprinkle Carnelian Embossing Powder on. Heat set.

6. Replace the stencil and apply VersaMark Ink to the brim of the hat.

7. Lift the stencil and sprinkle Sparkle Puff Embossing Powder on and heat set.

8. Replace the stencil and ink the largest stripe of the hat.

9. Sprinkle with Winter Green Embossing Powder and heat set.

10. Ink the middle stripe of the hat with VersaMark ink. Using tape to block off this area may be the easiest.

11. Sprinkle Aqua Tinsel Embossing Powder and heat set.

12. Ink the top stripe of the hat.

13. Lift the stencil and sprinkle Winter Green again. Heat set.

14. Apply ink to the puff of the hat.

15. Sprinkle on Sparkle Puff and heat set.


16. Remove the stencil and trim the image down to 3 1/2" x 5."

17. Create the card base out of Caribbean Sea cardstock, cut to 6 1/2" x 10."

18. Create a mat out of Bo Bunny Turquoise Double Dot .

19. Attach a piece of ribbon to the bottom of the mat, and secure on the back.

20. Attach the mat and the stenciled image to the card base.

21. Apply a line of On Point Glue around the edge of the stenciled image and sprinkle on Shaved Ice.

Comments

P Beatty said…
This card is so special. Love the colors!
Very cool card. Love the color choices. TFS
Denise Bryant said…
Beautiful card! Love the colors and that adorable snowman!
Carolina Kathy said…
Lovely be the Snowman stencil! Sure makes for a great card! TFS
Carolina Kathy said…
Love the Snowman stencil! Great for a holiday card.
Viki Banaszak said…
This turned out so cute! I love the sparkles you added.
McStamper said…
Love, love your snowman card. Thanks for the wonderful Christmas idea.
Mary Holshouser said…
Very clever.
Love the glitter around
the frame.
thanks for sharing.
Jean said…
How fun! Love this!!
AWWWWW! How cute!!! Love the frosted colors!!
BethW said…
Fantastic use of the stencil. Your tutorial is spot on-thank you for such great inspiration.
NicoleN said…
Lovely card. Love all the sparkle and colors used.
Unknown said…
Great card and the instructions are easy to follow. Thanks for the info.
Sue D said…
How cute! I like the embossing powders and shaved ice you used.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...