Skip to main content

Itsy Bitsy Background



Hello! I have a "sweet" card to share with you today. This month, the Artists in Residence for Imaging were challenged with the theme "Itsy Bitsy." This post contains affiliate links at no cost to you.

I decided to focus on using the teeny stamps found in many stamp sets. In my case, I used Lawn Fawn's Baked with Love and Love 'N Breakfast. I added a bunch of the little stamps to an acrylic block in an arrangement that I liked and I inked them up with VersaFine in Onyx Black. I stamped an entire background piece of Bristol paper with these stamps, slightly turning the block as I went along. I wound up with only a few "holes" so I went in with a single stamp and filled in those empty areas. Then I heat embossed the background.

I stamped 4 cupcakes on to Mixed Media Paper and colored them with Memento Markers. I used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I decided to make the cupcakes stand out more, so I used 2 circle punches and layered them underneath the cupcakes. The smaller circles were spritzed with Bamboo Leaves Fireworks! Spray, and I popped them up with a foam square.

To add some color and sparkle to my background, I sprayed a few Fireworks! Sprays on to a piece of acetate (like what your clear stamps are packaged on), I laid my background on top, and then flipped it over and smooshed the colors around. You can see in the photo above the fabulous shimmer and how beautifully the colors blended together. Then I simply stamped my sentiment on to a white piece of bristol scrap and added some foam behind it to raise it up. I made my card base out of a deeper shade of green than the punched circles and then I was done.

So please don't forget to use those cute teeny stamps that come in your sets! You can make some quick and fun backgrounds with them. Thank you for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Supplies:
Imagine:
VersaFine Ink: Onyx Black
Fireworks! Spray: Bamboo Leaves, Rose Bud, Bahama Blue, Dandelion
Memento Markers: Lilac Posies, Sweet Plum, Summer Sky, Bahama Blue, Rose Bud, Angel Pink, Dandelion, Cantaloupe, Tangelo, New Sprout, Bamboo Leaves
Embossing Powder: Black

Other:
Lawn Fawn: Baked with Love Stamps, Baked with Love Dies, Love 'N Breakfast
My Colors Cardstock: Mint Julep, Lime Pop
Scrapbook Adhesives: Foam Squares
Canson: Mixed Media Paper
Strathmore: Smooth Bristol Paper

Skill Level: Basic to Intermediate
Time to Complete: 30 Minutes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...