Skip to main content

Campground

Hello! This week, the Stampendous Team is sharing projects with the theme of "One Last Summer Vacation." I hate to see the Summer end! But let's not think about that right now.....here's a card I made using lots of stamps and a few stencils. 


Supplies:
Stampendous:
SSC1253: Campground Perfectly Clear Stamps Set
DWLJ914: Herringbone Metal Stencil
DWLJ813: Fan Pattern Metal Stencil
DWLL332: Picasso Shield
STF082: VersaFine ink in Onyx Black
EP508: Mushroom Embossing Powder
VM001: VersaMark Ink Pad
MPW811: Mixed Media White Paper
HANDLES: Acrylic Handle
DWNHB-9: 3/8" Stencil Brush

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Brown Eyes, Winter Lake
Imagine: VersaMagic in Pink Grapefruit, Turquoise Gem, Cloud White
Zig Clean Color Markers: 010, 020, 029, 050, 051, 062, 065, 091, 093, 095, 302, 900
Molotow: One4ALL 160 in Signal White
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Stamp the Camper 3 times on to Mixed Media Paper with VersaFine ink in Onyx Black.

2. Tape the Herringbone stencil to one of the campers and using the stencil brush, apply Pink Grapefruit VersaMagic ink to the top of the camper.

3. Cut out the stenciled portion of the camper and set aside.

4. Tape the Fan Pattern stencil to another camper and apply Turquoise Gem VersaMagic ink with the stencil brush.

5. Cut out the stenciled portion and set aside.

6. Using the 3rd camper, color the parts that don't have a coordinating stenciled piece using the Zig Clean Color Markers listed. Cut out.

7. Glue the stenciled parts to the 3rd camper with Zip Dry Glue.

8. Stamp 5 trees using VersaFine ink, color in with Zigs, then cut them out.

9. Create the card base with Winter Lake cardstock and cut to 5 1/2" x 8."

10. Using Cloud White VersaMagic and the Picasso Shield, create clouds on the upper half of the card with the stencil brush.

11. Tear a piece of Brown Eyes cardstock to go across the bottom of the card.

12. Using VersaMark and the dirt patches stamp, apply the stamp randomly on the Brown Eyes.

13. Emboss the dirt with Mushroom embossing powder.

14. Stamp the sentiment near the top of the card with VersaFine.

15. Color in the "road trip" with the Molotow pen in Signal White.

16. Glue all pieces to the card base with Zip Dry Glue.

Comments

Bunny said…
Great use of the stencils. This is really cute. I'll camp in this rather than outside anytime. [Bunny]
McStamper said…
What a cute card. Love your camper.
Mary Holshouser said…
Love the little trailer. We started
out in a tent but soon moved up to
one of these - and then we kept
moving up to a motor home. the
days in the bitty camper was still
the most fun.
thanks for sharing a cute card.
Illinois
Viki Banaszak said…
This is great! I love how you added the stencils to the trailer.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...