Skip to main content

Pumpkin Pie with Dreamweaver & Spellbinders

Hello! Welcome to Day 3 of the Smeared Ink 31 Days of Halloween. It's also time for the Stampendous Quarterly Hop with Spellbinders. Our theme this week has been Pumpkin Pie so I'll be following that theme while incorporating Dreamweaver Stencils and Spellbinders dies.

I started off by cutting my focal piece out of black cardstock using one of my many Spellbinders dies. Then, using black embossing paste with the Jack O Lanterns stencil. While it was wet, I sprinkled Metallic F/X powder on to the image with a brush. I used Nouveau Orange, Amber Glow, Eye of the Tiger, and Kimono Red. I then heated it with my embossing gun to speed up the drying process. This causes the paste to bubble in a wonderful way. It gives the stenciled image great texture. It really looks like metal now!

Next, I used a VersaMarker watermark pen around the edges of my die cut image. The I heat embossed Seasonings Chunky Metallic Embossing Powder. I LOVE that stuff! I did one side at a time. For my bigger layer, I did the same thing with the edges, and I also stamped some teeny spiders from the Spooky House set.


I had some punchinella that I added to the background, and that added even more metallic goodness to the card. Here are the folks from the Stampendous DT that are sharing projects today. And don't forget! All of the links to the fantastical 31 Days of Halloween are listed in my side bar. Thanks for stopping by. Have a creeptastic day!

Comments

Viki Banaszak said…
This is such a gorgeous card! I love the leafing on the pumpkins and the ep on the edges of the dies.
Viki Banaszak said…
I love your card today! Either I am having de ja vu or whatever. I love the way you blinged out this card.
valscraftings said…
Love your card, the pumpkins look great with the texture! The technique using the glue and powders are a favourite of mine!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The Molten Lava technique is perfect for these pumpkins!!! Love the addition of the punchinella also! Awesome card! TFS!
I keep forgetting that I am Barb in VT~~ LOL
Gloria said…
Great Halloween card. Spooky great!
Oh sweet what wonderful pumpkins. I love your make today.
Happy Day 3
D.Ann C said…
LOVE embossing the edge of the die! Thanks for the inspiration!! Florida
Sue D said…
Very spooky!
Sue in Ohio
DonnaMundinger said…
WOW! I want pumpkins like those! Gorgeous metallic shine. Love the tiny spiders on the frame, too. Fabulous techniques. xxD
Ina Good said…
spooky like leafing and molten lava!
Unknown said…
So love this look. I want more of these stencils. I love that they are so strong. Great metallic finish.
Tina Chianna said…
great creation and such gorgeous embossing x
Sari / Granne said…
Fabulous metallic spooky pumpkins.
Unknown said…
Beautiful card! Such a great metallic texture you have created on those pumpkins.
Unknown said…
Great use of embossing products.
Teresa said…
I love this Alison - the different metallic glittery tones work so well - and the punchinella in the background is cool x
Mary Holshouser said…
What horrible looking pumpkins.
Nobody will want to cut them up for pumpkin pie.
thanks for sharing
Karen L K said…
You really got a great metallic look on your card! Love the pumpkins and the subtle spiders. I am in California.
Becca Yahrling said…
Crazy good! Love the chunky metallic you used!
Spooktacular creation, so rich and vibrant!
Adorable project!
Take care!
Michele
Carolina Kathy said…
Wow! What an amazing card!! Love it! Thx for sharing your creativity!
Susan Renshaw said…
Love this Alison - thanks for all the details! Makes a great Halloween piece!
Karenladd said…
What lovely texture and shine!! The Fall themed projects are fabulous!
karen in california
Robin B. said…
Amazing card! I love the way the pumpkins turned out, thanks for the inspiration.
BethW said…
It's Bootiful-and I really know great Halloween creativity when I see it. Thank you so much for the great inspiration and fantastic how to!
Elizabeth/Beth Williams
BethW said…
It's Bootiful-and I really know great Halloween creativity when I see it. Thank you so much for the great inspiration and fantastic how to! Swampy so GA.
Elizabeth/Beth Williams
My Side of Oz said…
that stencil is awesome I was lucky enough to win it last year! Awesome embossing! xx
Lyneen said…
AWESOME!!! Love the pumpkin stamp, the embossing really makes it pop... What a treat for day 3!!! TFS!
Carol said…
Love all the textured layers x
Squiddy said…
Great stencil to play with
silvia said…
AWESOME!!! LOVE the embossing!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...