Skip to main content

Day 18 of 31: Trick or Treators

Hellooooo! Welcome to Day 18 of the Smeared & Smudged 31 Days of Halloween! Today I have a card using a fantastic image from Aurora Wings. One that I started last year...

I used Trick or Treat Boys for this card. Some time ago, I believe on the Kit and Clowder FB Page, there was a contest to color any image with crayons. I made it to the party kind of late, and I never got a chance to finish what I had started. I liked where it was going though, so I wanted to use it now.

I got my sentiment from the Spooky House set from Stampendous. I had printed the image pretty big, since I knew I wasn't going to be able to get great detail with the crayons. So I decided to keep the rest of the card pretty simple.

I did get to use my favorite punch of all time though, the Drippy Goo from Martha Stewart. I inked it a bit and heat embossed clear powder all over it for some texture and shine. It's not too easy to color with crayons the way I like to color, but it sure was a fun challenge! Don't forget to visit the rest of the Wicked Bloggers, all listed in my side bar. Thanks for stopping by. Have a boo-tiful day! 

Comments

Squiddy said…
Yum. I'm knocking on their door!
Carol said…
Fab crayon colouring on your card - love the punch too -great card x
Unknown said…
A brain cupcake swoon
So fun. Love all of the colors.
Unknown said…
I think your coloring is pretty great! Fab image.
My Side of Oz said…
That coloring is super xx
Sari / Granne said…
Great image & coloring and loving the dripping border...
Lyneen said…
OH HOW CUTE.... Love the Trick or Treat BOys... great coloring. Fun card, love the border on the top of the card!! Thanks for Sharing!
Susan Renshaw said…
Oh - I had forgotten the drippy goo die - I put it on my wishlist last year!! Great make - love the image and colouring! See you tomorrow!
Mary Holshouser said…
the coloring is great.
Love the kids and their outfits.
thanks for sharing.
valscraftings said…
Great card, love the little one in their costumes and love the little doggie!
DonnaMundinger said…
Great work with the crayons. Love those Little Trick or Treaters from Aurora Wings and the drippy goo looks fab with the heat embossing. xxD
Wicked cool lil tricksters you have there, the ghost doggie is the best LOL!
Laura said…
Love the slimy goo. Using crayons still relaxes me, but I agree it is tough to do fine details. Nice use of layers.
This is darling. I must go by her store. I have not been there lately. your art is beautiful. always a delight to stop by.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...