Skip to main content

I've Been Die-ing to Share......

Greetings! Welcome to July...the month to DIE for! Yep. All of this month, the Dream Team are featuring our newest toys...our DIES! You'd be surprised at how many we have, and what fun things you can do with them...especially when used in conjunction with many of their stencil counterparts. They are such a simple way to create an effective card. Here's mine for this week:

I am really in love with the new Tree Line Die. If you have been checking out the Dream it Up! Blog this week, then you will have been seeing some really outstanding projects by Lynell using this very die. I decided to go a different route from Lynell, and use an altered version of the Double Glitter technique on the die cut image itself, instead of the background. 

Here's what I did.
1. Adhered Double Stick Mounting Paper to a piece of black cardstock, slightly larger than the die.
2. Ran the die and paper through my Big Shot machine.
3. Peeled off just the top of the paper from the Double Sided Mounting Tape off, to reveal only where the leaves would be.
4. Sprinkled green glitter to that top portion.
5. Removed the rest of the paper from the Double Sided Mounting Tape and lightly sprinkled some black glitter over part of the tree trunks.
6. Sprinkled silver glitter over the rest of the tree trunks, creating a double-colored effect. 

For my background, I applied 3 colors of Distress Ink (Seedless Preserves, Ripe Persimmon, and Broken China) with a cosmetic sponge, prior to adhering the Tree Line to the card. Then I added my beautiful ribbon (from May Arts) to the bottom. I glued the Tree Line die cut last. 

I love how this turned out, and I plan on doing another version with Autumnal colors for the foliage next time. So, do you have any Dreamweaver Dies yet? If not, you must check them out! If so, please play along with us this month! Also, be sure to check out the rest of the "B" Team. I'm sure they are Die-ing for a visit from you! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!


Alison Heikkila (that's me!)

Comments

Teresa said…
Love this effect Alison. I have some double sided adhesive sheets and although I've used them for background effects and foiling on acetate, I never thought to use them with my dies - thanks for putting the idea in my mind.....I'm sure you'll see me using it soon!!
I really love this...I like how you put the sticky paper on black cardstock. And the leaves look so real...what weight of glitter? ultrafine...fine or microfine? Love to know.
Louise said…
Beautiful Alison! Love how this turned out, and the background is wonderful!
Alison said…
Hi Lynell! The glitter fir the leaves us a basic fine glitter. Inexpensive stuff, actually. The trunks of the the trees were done with Martha Stewart's microfine glitter.
sommrstamping said…
Nice card Alison, fun way to use the dies with the glitter.
Viki Banaszak said…
Wow! What a cool design.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...