I am really in love with the new Tree Line Die. If you have been checking out the Dream it Up! Blog this week, then you will have been seeing some really outstanding projects by Lynell using this very die. I decided to go a different route from Lynell, and use an altered version of the Double Glitter technique on the die cut image itself, instead of the background.
Here's what I did.
1. Adhered Double Stick Mounting Paper to a piece of black cardstock, slightly larger than the die.
2. Ran the die and paper through my Big Shot machine.
3. Peeled off just the top of the paper from the Double Sided Mounting Tape off, to reveal only where the leaves would be.
4. Sprinkled green glitter to that top portion.
5. Removed the rest of the paper from the Double Sided Mounting Tape and lightly sprinkled some black glitter over part of the tree trunks.
6. Sprinkled silver glitter over the rest of the tree trunks, creating a double-colored effect.
For my background, I applied 3 colors of Distress Ink (Seedless Preserves, Ripe Persimmon, and Broken China) with a cosmetic sponge, prior to adhering the Tree Line to the card. Then I added my beautiful ribbon (from May Arts) to the bottom. I glued the Tree Line die cut last.
I love how this turned out, and I plan on doing another version with Autumnal colors for the foliage next time. So, do you have any Dreamweaver Dies yet? If not, you must check them out! If so, please play along with us this month! Also, be sure to check out the rest of the "B" Team. I'm sure they are Die-ing for a visit from you! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!