Skip to main content

New STitD and WW! Don'tcha Love Acronyms?

Greetings! Welcome to a jam packed Wednesday. I've got some new challenges to share with you, and I hope you are excited to check them out. My first is for A Step in the Dark. We are sponsored by Aurora Wings, which is a company I have fallen head over heels for. I used Owl Masquerade for my 6x6 mini page.

Is that a stunning image or what? I loved coloring it. I used alcohol markers and colored pencils. Plus a bit of Stickles and Liquid Pearls.

I also broke out my Scales stencil from Dreamweaver Stencils. Applied Pumice Stone Distress Ink using a stencil brush. Then I applied the Amsterdam Flourish with Pearlescent Embossing Paste.

I'll be submitting this piece into the new Haunted Design House challenge. I was very inspired by the photos they posted, so I give you my version of that.

Moving on, I now give you the newest Wicked Wednesday challenge. This week, we are sponsored by Octopode Factory, and the theme is to "Use an Uplifting Sentiment."

This is Tianne the Fairy. I liked using unusual colors for her. My daughter helped me to choose her colors. We really like to make projects together. I used watercolor markers for her. 

Some Stickles and a fun punch helped me jazz up my ATC even more. I hope you'll play along! Please visit the main challenge blogs for Wicked Wednesday as well as A Step in the Dark to see more, and to link up your own project. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Creepy Glowbugg said…
Gorgeous AW card! I love those shades of taupe and blue green together. Looks perfect for our current challenge over at HDH!
And that uber colorful fairy on your ATC is just adorable!
KristyLee said…
Oh my you have done an amazing coloring job here!! Love the LOs too! Just super great cards, so love them!
Peace,
Kristy
Denice said…
Did I tell you how much I LOVW the blue fairy? She's the best!
Anonymous said…
Hi Alison, these are both stunning, Love the Aurora Wings Image and those colours are fabulous. Thank you so much.

Hugs Erin x
Fabulous card.Lovin the colours you used. Thanks for playing with us in the dungeon at HDH.
Hi Alison, just adore your AW piece, just pure beauty! your little fairy ATC is pure fun. Thank you for sharing your art with us again at HDH xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...