Skip to main content

Smeared Ink End of Term/New Release Blog Hop

Today I bring you a very exciting Blog Hop! Not only is Smeared Ink releasing several new digi sets today (plus a few singles), but it is also the end of this term for the Design Team. We will be saying goodbye to some of our friends, but hello to some new ones. Our very special Guest Designers have also joined us for the hop! So let’s get this party started!


I was given an image from this set to work with. Can you guess which one???



I was given the phoenix to work with! Hmmm…wonder why??? wink! My Phoenix was super excited when I showed him the image. He wants to color one in for himself. But, here’s my version!



Now, in addition to working with a brand new image…Kelli and I challenged the DT to use at least 2 other Smeared Ink sets in their creations. We love to show off the versatility of these stamps…and how well the sets all work together. I was able to use 3 other sets for my card. The “Fire God” (originally Goddess) is from the Elementals collection, the grid is from Quoth the Raven, and the bark texture is from Urban Decay.



I colored the phoenix in with my colored pencils, and edged it with chalk. I also used chalk on the sentiment and the bark. To create the effect on the bark, I stamped the image with Versa Mark, then just applied the chalk. Easy and beautiful!



I added a bit of blue ink to the edges too. So? What do you think? How can you combine your Smeared Ink sets in one project? Wanna see some more inspiration? Please visit the rest of the Design Team! Here’s the blog roll…




Smudgy Antics http://smudgyantics.blogspot.com


Terra http://www.moresmearedink.blogspot.com/


Tori http://ndustrial-lemon.blogspot.com/


Alison http://alisonsrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/


Kelli http://cajunstampingqueen.blogspot.com/


Black Dragon http://lynsblogger.blogspot.com/


Kapree http://kc-consultant.blogspot.com/


Lady Brayton http://www.ladybrayton71.blogspot.com/


Meredith http://www.papercanteen.com/


Lisa http://www.ldfdesign.blogspot.com/


Alex January Guest http://www.paperandstring.blogspot.com/


Jane February Guest http://jcocraft.blogspot.com/


Sugar March Guest http://sugscardsnmore.blogspot.com/


A huge thank you to the entire group! You are all amazing! I have had a grrrreat time with this team! Remember, if you want to see more, please stop by Smeared and Smudged. Have an inspiring day.

Comments

~Lady B~ said…
Holy Crow! This is amazing!!! I loooooove the colors you've used and your stamp sets blend together perfectly! I especially love how you have used the chalk. I will definitely have to try that in the future! You rawk!
Alex said…
Um- WOW! The sky is AMAZING! love the image too, but the sky----- WOWZERS!!!
Steph said…
Beautiful card! Love love love how you created the sky, wowsers.
Carol said…
Beautiful card! LOVE the colors and image is just fabulous! TFS
Jane said…
Wow this is fantastic love the colours a great project
Luv Jane xxx
Sugar said…
that is beautiful girl! great job!!
DK Spins said…
Bowing to the Queen of colored pencils! Gorgeous card, love the chalked bark background. So cool Alison, or should I say hawt! Great job!
blackdragon said…
The bark background stamp done with chalk... GENIUS!
This is absolutely brilliant... and you coloured it with pencils...? WOW!!
Inspiring work as ever.
love xxx
This is great. Love all the colors and the way you brought everything together. I can see why Phoenix likes it so much.

Popular posts from this blog

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…

Mosaic Bird

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is posting some of our projects from the October catalog that feature a "Mosaic Madness" theme . Below, you will see my project that features the Mosaic Bird stamp. 


Supplies:
Stampendous:
W176: Mosaic Bird
SSCM5003: House Mouse Friend Wishes
DCP1006: Fitted Frames Set B
STF082: VersaFine in Onyx Black

Other:
Zig Clean Color Markers: 010, 020, 022, 023, 026, 031, 037, 038, 047, 048, 049, 050, 065, 068, 070, 080, 084, 202, 303
My Colors Cardstock: Ocean Side, Fireflies
Creative Impressions: Lavender Velvet Shimmer Ribbon- 70978
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
Green Cardstock: unknown


Directions: 
1. Color Mosaic Bird image and fussy cut.

2. Cut the card base to 5 1/2" x 8" out of Ocean Side cardstock. Using a yellow-green cardstock, die cut the large "P" from the Fitted Frames set B, and the small "P" out of Fireflies cardstock.

3. Stamp a sentiment from the House Mouse Friend Wishes set using VersaFine ink in Onyx …