Skip to main content

Growing Love: 1st Version

I have a number of Sweet Pea Stamps on my wish list. I decided that since I had 2 custom scrapbook orders, I could treat myself to a little present. I purchased Aloha and Growing Love. I am currently working on 3 versions of Growing Love, but I wanted to share the 1st completed one with you.

This is truly the most beautiful pregnancy stamp I have ever seen. I have to be honest, I don’t usually like pregnancy images because I find them to be a bit cheesy. This one is pure elegance. She has that dreamy, blissful look on her pretty face, and her swelling belly gives me thoughts of my own pregnancies, which were pure joy. She is only available as a single image.

I made this card using a Sweet Pea sketch for a challenge they are currently running…I didn’t make the top 10 like i had hoped, but that’s ok because I love the way this card turned out.

I used my watercolor markers and pencils for her, and I cropped the image into an oval, which I think really works for this image.

I used a blue Sakura Stardust pen to highlight a few things, you can see the sheen in this photo. You can click on any of the pictures to see them bigger.

The sentiment is also from Sweet Pea, and I think it is perfect for this image.

Today, there are several of my Sweet Pea creations featured on their blog! Click HERE to take a peek. I told you it was going to be a very Sweet Pea Stamps week! I’m really looking forward to showing you my next version of Growing Love. I just need to add a few embellishments and then it will be done. Tomorrow, I will have a new StampInsanity challenge to share with you, so I hope you will join me for that. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

I think this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it Alison!
nicole neenan said…
beautiful work!
Micki said…
I've started to crop images too and it gives the stamp a total different look. Of course the only reason I've started doing it is because most of the time there is a major mistake and the only way to fix it is to cut it out, lol.
This is gorgeous. Love all the embellishment (I have such a hard time adding stuff - ocd )
Karina said…
Alison, your Sweet Pea creations are gorgeous. I love each one of them. Your really know how to play with colours.
Hugs, Karina

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...