Skip to main content

Tiffany Blue and Yellow Custom Scrapbook

I have been commissioned to create a scrapbook for a tween using the colors Tiffany Blue and Yellow. I thought I would share some of those pages with you today. I was not given any photographs, they will be entered by the girl who receives the book later.

greenmermaid 008

I used a variety of paper companies, including My Mind’s Eye, Basic Grey, K & Co, DCWV, and Prism.

greenmermaid 019

It wasn’t easy finding papers with only those 2 colors, so I needed to improvise a lot and use bits of white, black and grey here and there.

greenmermaid 012

I stamped the butterflies on using a Martha Stewart clear set.

greenmermaid 015

This is one of my favorite pages. I like the tilted squares and the punch of black.

greenmermaid 022

I was very happy to find these glitter swirls from Making Memories. I used them throughout the album. I also repeated the use of yellow and turquoise gems and pearls. It added a touch of elegance without making it all too stuffy.

greenmermaid 016

I also made sure to repeat the papers. No sheet was used only once. It helps keep consistency throughout the book as well.

greenmermaid 017

So? What do you think? It was a lot of fun to make this album. I just need to finish working on the cover (it’s a naked album) and then it will be done. Hopefully, I’ll get another custom scrapbook order soon, as I really love to make them. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Carol W. said…
Beautiful! I really like the colors! Great job. TFS
KC said…
these are beautiful colors! and great layouts!
I think this is BEAUTIFUL! Can I send you my pictures? :D

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...