Skip to main content

Growing Love: Version 2

Miss me? I needed a few days away from Blogland. Yesterday was the 10 Year Anniversary for my Dad’s passing…and I thought I was going to blog about him…but I just couldn’t. I just couldn’t.

But today is a new day…and I am sharing this card with you because this is the time that I conceived both of my babies. I thought it was appropriate to show it to you now. This is my second version of Sweet Pea Stamps’ Growing Love.

I colored her in completely with Distress Inks. I love how it turned out.

I used a wee bit of Platinum Liquid Pearls, just for some dimension. You can click on either of the pictures to see them bigger.

I am very happy with this card. I love the color palette, I am going to be remaking it a few times, as I know a number of lucky ladies that are expecting! But, I do have some other versions in my head too. I just love this image. It is definitely one of my favorite Sweet Pea images!

Short post today… But I think the pictures say enough for themselves! Have an inspiring day!

Comments

KC said…
this is a lovely card! you did such a beautiful job with the colors!
Jen Shults said…
Ah hon, you card is just beautiful. Big HUGE hugs to you girl, you've told me a million times that it will always stay with you and I have to wholeheartedly agree. I wish I had magic words to make it better but there just aren't any. But I think the pain just means that the love is still really strong and that's a very good thing. Hang in there girl!
Alyssa S said…
Good God this is gorgeous! Amazing coloring! I love how soft everything is :o) And the platinum liquid pearls are just the right touch!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...