Skip to main content

High Priestess

I’m going to be honest…I was a bit intimidated by this image. It’s stunning, but super intricate. And even though I color every day, this image scared me a wee bit. But now that I have done it once, I truly look forward to coloring it again. What image is it? It’s the High Priestess from Smeared Ink’s Misty Benson Tarot Set 1. Let’s take a look.



Seriously, she is totally cool. But uber detailed. It took me quite a while to finish her up, because I really wanted to plan out her colors. And I really like the end result!



I only used watercolor markers for this image. No pencils! I know, it’s a shocker! I was really worried about the hair. I wanted to make sure it was just right. And by golly, it’s just how I pictured it should be!




Here you can see that I added a lot of glitter. All the white has Stickles, and I used some around the edge of the image as well. If you click on this or any of my other photos, you can see them bigger.



I had this cool chipboard swirl from Making Memories and I thought it worked really well here. This was such a fun card to make…once the intimidation wore off! I really love this stamp set! Have an inspiring day!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
love the colors
Hi Alison, I'm here for the hop but I couldn't go past this one without commenting, it's truly stunning, and you did a wonderful job on the colouring :D
~Lady B~ said…
OMG! Her hair is AMAZING! Great job on this!
Micki said…
Wow, I love how you colored her and I agree with Lady B.... her hair is amazing. I always have such trouble with hair!!!!! I love it.
Alaine said…
Alison - - I love looking at this.I have come back several times just to stare at it! This is gorgeous!

Popular posts from this blog

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…

Mosaic Bird

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is posting some of our projects from the October catalog that feature a "Mosaic Madness" theme . Below, you will see my project that features the Mosaic Bird stamp. 


Supplies:
Stampendous:
W176: Mosaic Bird
SSCM5003: House Mouse Friend Wishes
DCP1006: Fitted Frames Set B
STF082: VersaFine in Onyx Black

Other:
Zig Clean Color Markers: 010, 020, 022, 023, 026, 031, 037, 038, 047, 048, 049, 050, 065, 068, 070, 080, 084, 202, 303
My Colors Cardstock: Ocean Side, Fireflies
Creative Impressions: Lavender Velvet Shimmer Ribbon- 70978
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
Green Cardstock: unknown


Directions: 
1. Color Mosaic Bird image and fussy cut.

2. Cut the card base to 5 1/2" x 8" out of Ocean Side cardstock. Using a yellow-green cardstock, die cut the large "P" from the Fitted Frames set B, and the small "P" out of Fireflies cardstock.

3. Stamp a sentiment from the House Mouse Friend Wishes set using VersaFine ink in Onyx …