Skip to main content

Medusa Card: Day 16 of 31 Days of Halloween

Welcome to another installment of the 31 Days of Halloween! After yesterday’s super long (though pretty rad) post, I’ll be sure to keep this one a wee bit shorter!

Today I bring you my latest card featuring an image from Strange Skin. This is from their Cameo Collection…I give you…Medusa!

Medusa-1

Isn’t she fabulous?  I love the huge snake that forms the cameo itself! I colored the image in using my colored pencils…in only about 4 shades…which is very minimal for me! The papers are from my stash of scraps…Basic Grey and Heidi Grace. I thought the ric-rak was a cool embellishment, since it reminded me a bit of a snake.

Medusa-2

I added some dots of Distress Stickles in Vintage Photo and some swipes of my EK Success watercolor markers around the border of my card.

Medusa-3

  Pssst! I heard through the grapevine that Strange Skin will be releasing some brand spankin’ new images soon! Like real soon. Like within the next couple of days. So be sure to check in with them to see what kind of twisted art the dynamic duo of Pam and Jorge has come up with now!

Pssst again! I also heard that there may just be a hidden image floating around somewhere today! Please visit Terra’s blog for all of the details!

Be sure to visit the rest of the Wicked Bloggers for some more Halloweenie inspired tricks and treats…listed in my sidebar. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

DonnaMundinger said…
Love it, Alison! Great coloring and that snakeskin looking paper on the side is perfect! xxD
DUDE!!!!!! you totally ROCKED this! I freakin love it!
Daniella said…
I LOVE this!! That Medusa is bitchin' rad!! You colored her like IDK what, it is just that awesome!
WOW! You really made Medusa amazing. Your coloring is always the best and you are right about the ric rac!!
Unknown said…
love the shading on this image, and I love the snake frame. Aewsome.
Steph said…
A-maz-ing! Can Medusa be beautiful? Well you did it, beautiful card.
Stitchinwitch said…
Sqeeee love it, that rik rak is perfect with medusa
ldfdesign said…
love the image! the card is perfection! great job!
Unknown said…
A great card love the image
Luv Jane xxxx
That image is amazing - more so with your fantastic colouring. Only 4 pencils? Wow. Yep the ric rac is snake like enough for this card. Love it
Helen x
Unknown said…
Love it! That image is awesome.
Sugar said…
wicked!! I love medusa and this is a frekin sweet card!
KC said…
this is so fab! I love the colors and all that you have done to it!!! very well done!
SuzieQ said…
Love the frame and a great job coloring!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...