Skip to main content

StampInsanity Challenge 12: Kickin’ Korners!

Hello my friends! It is time for another groovy StampInsanity Challenge!!! This week, we have a sketch for you. But, with a twist! You need to do something funky with your empty korners!!!

untitled

Here’s my card.

Davey1

This is Zeke. Isn’t he handsome? He totally reminds me of Davey Havok from AFI. He’s so spiffy! Wanna see a closeup?

Davey2

Once again, I broke out the colored pencils. I just can’t get enough of them! I love his hair. That little touch of red is so cool, don’tcha think?

Davey3

I added a bit of glitter to the red cardstock on the background. The black and white paper already had it. I used my one and only set of Nestabilities for all of the shapes. Love that set, but I really need to expand my collection!

Now it’s time for you to take a peek at the rest of the Groovy projects the Groovy Gurlz created. And I would like to welcome my dear friend Erica to the team! She is the June Guest Designer, and I am SO glad she has joined us!!! And remember, you can only get these stamps at the Stamp Happens shop! Click the blinkie on my sidebar! Have an inspiring day!

Jacquie Jennifer Lisa Juanita

Margie Sarabeth Suzi Erica

Comments

I freaking love it! He is quite Spiffy!!! Awesome card! Will have to see if I can play along with this one!
Juanita said…
Your card rocks, love all the shine in his his hair and the bit of red is perfect.
Erica said…
Too cool! Love the hair! The paper and the cool squares are awesome! Amazing!
ellepaulette said…
Awesome card!! Just groovy!! :)
Jennifer said…
I love that hair. I need to learn how to do that.
Alyssa S said…
Freakin' awesome card! Love his hair - a.m.a.z.i.n.g!!
Sorry I'm so behind on commenting...I decided to re-read the Twilight Saga and haven't been able to do anything else for the past week!
Beth said…
LOOOOVE it! And girl, you kicked the hell out of that hair!! WOWza! That is some serious highlighting! Awesome!! Another great card - did I say I love it and wowza yet? How about - RADiculous? Yep - I'm back to making up words... careful, your eyes might bleed... :) xx
Laura B said…
Extremely cool card!:)

hugs,
Laura

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...