Skip to main content

So Handsome!

I have been busy working on a Custom Scrapbook for one of the women that used to shop in my store before it closed. She has 2 adorable kids, and some fabulous photos. I wanted to share some of the layouts I’ve been creating for her, so here is one of my favorites. I have the Mom’s permission to show the layouts with the pictures of her children on them.

IMG_9716

How cute are these photos??? Please click on any of my pictures to see it bigger. As you can see, I was pretty inspired by the crib bumper. I love the simplicity of the flowers. The colors of the room are great, and let’s face it… this baby is a great inspiration too!

IMG_9717

I decided to mimic the look of some of the flowers by cutting out some strips of paper. I love the finished look! The patterned paper I used (Basic Grey) has a touch of the blue wall color, but not enough, so I chalked the edges of the entire page with a teal-ish mix of colors that I created. It really cooled the page down perfectly and added an extra pop of color that I was looking for. But I needed a little texture… so I found some braided threads that come with adhesive already on it (so easy!!!) and I added a strip of that to both mattes. Perfect! Just enough stuff to jazz up the photos without overpowering them. I’ll be posting some of the other pages I’ve made soon. But until then, happy scrappin’!

Comments

Unknown said…
The baby is indeed REALLY cute Ali...I LOVE the DP you have used to make the photo's pop right off the page...awesome stuff honey...Can't wait to see more!! Xx
Erica said…
Great work! I love the DP. You can't go wrong with Basic Grey. I love your writing as well. Beautiful job and I am so glad you are getting to do custom books!
Alyssa S said…
this is so adorable! Love how you mimicked the flowers - too cool & green by using scraps! Love that little guy's hat! I wish I could find one for my little guy - just black, then he could match his daddy :o)

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...