Skip to main content

Hello Bot!

Where did this week go??? I have no idea! Actually I do know… I have been diligently listing things from my scrapbooking store (which I sadly had to close in May) up in the Barter Bin on Smeared & Smudged. Our leader Terra, has been kind enough to let us all post things we’d like to buy/sell/ trade from the stamping world. So naturally, I jumped at the chance! Wanna take a peek at what we all have to offer??? There are some MONSTER deals!!! But, you’ve gotta join Smeared and Smudged first! We are a group that is dedicated to gothic, vintage, fantasy, and other wacky-cool topics in the stamping world. Love Bombshells? You belong with us. Edward Gorey? Come join the party! Then, you can take a peek at the awesome stuff we are selling!!!

But on to today’s project… I was rifling through some of the clear stamps that I’m selling, and I came across Bam Pop! Have you seen them??? They have clear stamps, paper, original artwork, even some ltd. stuffed toys! I LOVE their stuff! Put it this way, if a company uses the word “rad” on any of they’re products, they are fab in my book!!!

IMG_9691

Meet “Hello Bot.” He’s kind of Bam Pop’s! mascot. I love this little guy. I have a few stamps with him… He’s just so sweet! I turned this card out pretty quickly. Nothing too fancy here, just a funky combination of papers and a few stamps.

IMG_9694

He’s embossed in Platinum and his heart is colored in with Sakura’s Glaze Pens. The sentiment and stars are from Technique Tuesday. Paper from American Crafts, Prism and EK Success. I down lighted my robot with EK’s watercolor markers.

That’s about it! Quick and simple, but really cheery! Have a rad weekend!!!

Comments

Erica said…
I love it! Awesome work hun!
Jen Shults said…
Alison this is really nice! I like the torn edge and the embossing and glaze pen give just the right amount of dimension! Lovely work. :D
Unknown said…
I have never heard of Bam Pop before Ali...Hello Bot looks so cute!! I love that you embossed him and your choice of DP is just perfect!! Gorgeous! Xx

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...