Skip to main content

TTIC #47 Mary Alice Brandon: Her History

Happy Tuesday Everyone! This week’s challenge is brought to us by Julie. Here is the challenge:

Today’s Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge is about the character that every Twilighter seems to love — Alice!

Our theme is specifically about Alice’s past, before she met the Cullen family and was known as Mary Alice Brandon. We don’t know too many details about Alice’s life before the events of the Twilight saga occur, but if you would like a refresher on her past, visit the Twilight Saga Wiki here and read!

The craft portion is to depict an aspect of Alice’s history. You can take your inspiration from what we know from the actual Stephenie Meyer text, or you can use your imagination to depict something that could have happened in Alice’s past.

The comment portion – talk a bit about Alice’s gift. Would you like to possess her ability to see the future? Do you think that that would be a blessing or a curse?

So I had so many ideas for this challenge. Originally, I wanted to do something with a straight jacket. I was going to take some crazy picture of me (my face would be obscured by my hair, and blurred), but I didn’t think that would make a “fun” layout. Then, I thought that she could have been a jack of all artsy trades, so I’d make her a business card. A little boring…would require me to use my computer for fonts and such, and well… I wasn’t a fan of doing that either. Then I was trying to narrow down an occupation for her. Stylist (did they have those back then?), floral designer, interior decorator, fashion designer??? I could see Alice doing all of these things. So, I decided to go with artist/accessories designer. Here is my project…but alas, it isn’t finished.

IMG_7038

This is a drawing Alice created and is painting for what will eventually be a handbag. I had started this some time ago (no, I didn’t draw it; it’s a transfer), and I unearthed it recently as I was cleaning my craft room. I thought that this was right up Alice’s alley. Eventually, it really will be a handbag. That was what I was making it for. But, I could totally see Alice toting her around.

IMG_7039

As you can see, I still have a lot of work to do. I really thought that I would get it done for today… but, she has a lot of detail on her. Her hat still needs a lot of attention, and I need to dig up some of my other fabric paints to finish off the flowers. But, I think that she’s perfect for Alice none the less.

As far as the comment portion of this challenge…. Alice’s gift… hmmm, touchy subject with me. How do I say this as tactfully as possible without sounding crazy??? I am not a vampire. Yes, I know… no shock to you. Therefore, I am not “enhanced” like Alice is. However, I do have premonitions from time to time. Natural disasters usually. That volcano that errupted a couple of weeks ago? I was a bloody mess. Do I think that this type of thing is a curse? I used to… Not anymore. With the case of natural disasters, obviously, there isn’t much I can do to affect the situation, but in other cases, there are things that I can do- and I have. And, it has helped. I promise, I’m not crazy. I honestly wasn’t even going to discuss the matter… but, I have nothing to hide. So now you have insight not only on what I think Alice was like, but a little bit about me too!

Now, go and check out the other designer’s amazing work!

Dani ~ Donna ~ Erica ~ Eve

Jacquie ~Jen ~ Julie ~ Margie ~ Rebecca

Comments

Jacqueline said…
This will turn out to be an AMAZING bag!! I LOVE this image and your coloring is wonderful! Cant wait to see the finished product! I think we are all prone to having some kind of "sixth sense", I go through times where I have dejavu frequently...like it has to be some kind of sign, some sort of way to change what happens... Of course you have gifts you are a special person, so talented and you are just one cool chick!
Julie said…
This is an awesome way to celebrate Alice! You're right -- totally up her alley. Perfect! I loved reading your comments as well -- that is fascinating! Thank you so much for sharing!
Wow! That is stunning, perfect and so very creative! You always amaze me :)
ellepaulette said…
This is such a lovely idea! It's so pretty now, I can't wait to see what it will look like when you are done! :)
Erica said…
How cool!? So unique and fun. I really love the picture and can't wait to see it as a handbag when you are finished!
Eve said…
You are amazing! Just when you think it can not get any better- you go and do it again!
Beth said…
This is so freaking COOL!! I can't wait to see it as a hand bag! (Don't forget to show us, k?!) Of course you are not crazy ~ you. Are. Awesome! :) Seriously - obscenely awesome, you!
Jen Shults said…
What a fabulous idea Alison. This is going to be sooo cool. I can not wait to see what this looks like when it's done. You are just amazing with all your creative ideas!
Unknown said…
This is going to be so amazing when you finish it hon...Please don't forget to show us the final result...I would LOVE to see it.... You are just so talented sweetie...You always amaze me with everything you do!!! Beautiful work! Xx
Rebecca said…
Love your project! Don't forget to show us the finished project and thanks for sharing some of yourself!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...