Skip to main content

Rhi’s Baby Blessing Favors

Rhiannon’s Baby Blessing is tomorrow! I am so excited. Gene and I worked very hard (along with our fabulous minister) on her ceremony, invitations and favors. Those that are attending are certainly in for a magical celebration in honor of my baby girl.

So I mentioned her favors. I have to say, they caused me a great deal of stress. I knew that I wanted to create favors similar to the ones I made for Phoenix’s Blessing… so that part was easy. I had originally used pressed wood disks (intended to be a mini scrapbook) by Kaiser. I had edged the disks with a paint pen, and Mod Podged patterned paper on both sides. Then, I glued on a photo of Nix on one side then I stamped this awesome image of a dragon and phoenix on the other. They were super cool.

For Rhi, I started off the same way… everything was fine until I got to the stamped image on the other side. What could I use for her? Her name is too long to spell out, even if I used a tiny font, because then it just looked super small with a lot of leftover space. I tried using a Heidi Swapp stamp that said “Baby” and then adding “Rhi” to it, but that looked bad… what kind of image could I use? Rhiannon is the Goddes of inspiration and the moon. So a moon then? Nah… I’m using such cute photos, a moon wouldn’t work. She is also said to have riden a horse that no one could catch up to. A horse then? I don’t have any horse stamps… Go fig!

So, Gene came up with a great idea! Use her feet. They turned out to be too big so we used her hand instead. After a 10-15 minute traumatizing experience for the 3 of us (turns out Rhainnon is NOT a fan of having her hand painted!), we finished the disks shy the ribbon to hang them with. Here is the (almost) finished favor:

IMG_7100

It was fun to pick out the photos and the paper. I love all of her HUGE smiles and the bright, happy paper.

IMG_7101

IMG_7102

The color is a little off in the photos… but you get the idea. Our guests will love them I’m sure, as we still see the favors I made of Phoenix hanging in our families' homes.

Wish us luck for tomorrow! I hope it is a beautiful day and that Rhiannon has a beautiful Blessing Ceremony!

Comments

Jennifer said…
Those are so cute but not as cute as Rhainnon.
Alyssa said…
So cute! She's adorable, and I've always loved that name ;o)
Steph said…
what a fab idea! they turned out perfectly!!
Donna said…
Oh Ali... I hope your day was beautiful and special...I LOVE those favors...You have done a wonderful job...Even with the stress of Rhi not wanting to have her hand painted!! Beautiful work! Xx

Popular posts from this blog

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…

Mosaic Bird

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is posting some of our projects from the October catalog that feature a "Mosaic Madness" theme . Below, you will see my project that features the Mosaic Bird stamp. 


Supplies:
Stampendous:
W176: Mosaic Bird
SSCM5003: House Mouse Friend Wishes
DCP1006: Fitted Frames Set B
STF082: VersaFine in Onyx Black

Other:
Zig Clean Color Markers: 010, 020, 022, 023, 026, 031, 037, 038, 047, 048, 049, 050, 065, 068, 070, 080, 084, 202, 303
My Colors Cardstock: Ocean Side, Fireflies
Creative Impressions: Lavender Velvet Shimmer Ribbon- 70978
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
Green Cardstock: unknown


Directions: 
1. Color Mosaic Bird image and fussy cut.

2. Cut the card base to 5 1/2" x 8" out of Ocean Side cardstock. Using a yellow-green cardstock, die cut the large "P" from the Fitted Frames set B, and the small "P" out of Fireflies cardstock.

3. Stamp a sentiment from the House Mouse Friend Wishes set using VersaFine ink in Onyx …