Skip to main content

Rhi’s Baby Blessing Favors

Rhiannon’s Baby Blessing is tomorrow! I am so excited. Gene and I worked very hard (along with our fabulous minister) on her ceremony, invitations and favors. Those that are attending are certainly in for a magical celebration in honor of my baby girl.

So I mentioned her favors. I have to say, they caused me a great deal of stress. I knew that I wanted to create favors similar to the ones I made for Phoenix’s Blessing… so that part was easy. I had originally used pressed wood disks (intended to be a mini scrapbook) by Kaiser. I had edged the disks with a paint pen, and Mod Podged patterned paper on both sides. Then, I glued on a photo of Nix on one side then I stamped this awesome image of a dragon and phoenix on the other. They were super cool.

For Rhi, I started off the same way… everything was fine until I got to the stamped image on the other side. What could I use for her? Her name is too long to spell out, even if I used a tiny font, because then it just looked super small with a lot of leftover space. I tried using a Heidi Swapp stamp that said “Baby” and then adding “Rhi” to it, but that looked bad… what kind of image could I use? Rhiannon is the Goddes of inspiration and the moon. So a moon then? Nah… I’m using such cute photos, a moon wouldn’t work. She is also said to have riden a horse that no one could catch up to. A horse then? I don’t have any horse stamps… Go fig!

So, Gene came up with a great idea! Use her feet. They turned out to be too big so we used her hand instead. After a 10-15 minute traumatizing experience for the 3 of us (turns out Rhainnon is NOT a fan of having her hand painted!), we finished the disks shy the ribbon to hang them with. Here is the (almost) finished favor:

IMG_7100

It was fun to pick out the photos and the paper. I love all of her HUGE smiles and the bright, happy paper.

IMG_7101

IMG_7102

The color is a little off in the photos… but you get the idea. Our guests will love them I’m sure, as we still see the favors I made of Phoenix hanging in our families' homes.

Wish us luck for tomorrow! I hope it is a beautiful day and that Rhiannon has a beautiful Blessing Ceremony!

Comments

Jennifer said…
Those are so cute but not as cute as Rhainnon.
Alyssa S said…
So cute! She's adorable, and I've always loved that name ;o)
Steph said…
what a fab idea! they turned out perfectly!!
Unknown said…
Oh Ali... I hope your day was beautiful and special...I LOVE those favors...You have done a wonderful job...Even with the stress of Rhi not wanting to have her hand painted!! Beautiful work! Xx

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...