Skip to main content

Baby Blessing Invitation

I know… I said in my teeny tiny post yesterday that I was going to try and have up another one of the TTSC challenges… I’m sorry. I just couldn’t get to it. But I have a reason! It’s a good one I promise! It’s actually the subject of this post. Gene and I have finally set a date for Rhiannon’s Baby Blessing…we even have a place! My wonderful friend James (he was the second friend I ever made! We go waaaaayyy back!) has come through for us yet again and managed to squeeze us in to have our little ceremony at his beautiful country club. So, since the event is coming up fast, I needed to quickly come up with and create the invites for this very important event.

IMG_6775

I think it came out really nice. If you’re thinking… this doesn’t look like a Baby Blessing Invite… well, then you should go back several posts and check out what other “baby” stuff I do… no baby pink here! This invitation is very much our (gene and my own) style. We love the rich colors of Fall, celtic knots are huge for us… and you ALL should know how much I love to tear paper and then ink the edges! And of course, there are three little Stickle blobs to give it some more oomph! I think it came out perfectly! And I must mention, Gene offered to assist in making the invites. I gave him the job of the inside… sorry I have no pics of that for you but he did a fantastic job! Thanks for your help, Love!

IMG_6776

In this close up you can see the ink colors I used for the edges. All of the ink I used was Color Box’s Chalk Inks. LOVE!!! I love how the colors soften when they dry, and I love that they are dry instantly! When you are trying to get things done quickly, you don’t want to worry about smudging your ink!

So there ya go. I was so busy with these yesterday, but once the inside is printed and added in, I can mail them off to our family. It will be a small crowd, but one of the most meaningful events that someone can be present for.

Comments

Anonymous said…
it came out beautiful! i love it :)
i hope you have a beautiful day!!!

xoxo
sara
Erica said…
So gorgeous! I love how you really represented your family style instead of going with the normal baby colors. I love that about you, so unique and fun. I do have one question. Since I have no children, what is a baby blessing? Is it big in your area? Good luck with all of the planning!
Unknown said…
It's just gorgeous Ali...Like everything you do...I LOVE those colours...Beautiful sweetie! Xx

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...