Skip to main content

TTSC #9

So, After making Tuesday’s Card with TTIC #10, I felt inspired to do #9. Dani is always coming up with wonderful sketches for us to play with, and there are several that I have not yet tackled. So, I am trying to get to a few of them this week. Here’s the sketch for TTSC #9:

ttsc9 (2)

And here is my version:

IMG_6716

I made my dimensions a little different because I wanted to base the sizes around the stamp I used. All of my paper is from Prima (so in love with these papers!), except for the turquoise, which is from Prism. The ink is from Color Box, rhinestones from Westrim and I cannot forget to mention that I used Amazing Glaze from Judikins. That’s one of my all-time favorite stamp/scrap items. Can’t live without it! Here’s a close up so that you can see why I love it…

IMG_6718

See how thick it is? After just one application! It’s so glassy… absolutely my favorite embossing powder ever! But back to the sketch… I think it was a great one and I look forward to completing them all! Wanna play along???

Twilight Tuesday Sketch Challenge Guideline:

1. Have fun! This is a no pressure, do it when you can challenge.

2. This sketch will not limit your creativity in any way. Use it to create and have fun!

3. Make anything you want – card, bookmark, scrapbook page, quilt, drawing…

4. It can be Twilight themed and be based on the 5 books, movies and or soundtracks.

5. Tell us where your inspiration comes from. We want to know!

6. Let us know where you post your pictures of your project. If you upload to SCS (or anywhere else).

7. Our Basic Challenge Rules also apply.

So I can’t tell you who will be receiving this card… but it is one of my Twi-Girls. Hope she likes it!

Comments

your card came out very nicely, i love the colors ^_^
ellepaulette said…
Woohoo! What an awesome card! I love all the details and that dp is lovely!!! :)
Jacqueline said…
Beautiful card!! Love that glaze Ali, SOOO cool!! You always have such awesome new things I have never seen! Hugs!
Unknown said…
Oh HELLO....Another beautiful card....Ali, this is just amazing! I love the colours and textures of it...Stunning work Sweetie...Just Stunning! Xx

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...