Skip to main content

TTIC #45: Welcome Back, Margie & Name Your Challenge!

After almost being on a computer hiatus last week since my husband took off some days from work, I am back now with a new Twilight Tuesday Challenge! But first off, some completely AMAZING news!!!!

The fantabulous girls at Twilight Tuesday have asked me, Donna and Jacquie to become PERMANENT designers for the team! Yes, I said permanent! Like…forever! I cried. I really did. No, you may not laugh. The girls in this group are so incredible, and I have had the absolute BEST time working with them. I did NOT want it to end. So when they asked me to stay… it was like…DUH! Does Edward love Bella??? Of course I want to be a PERMANENT Designer! So, to all of my Twi-Girls… I love you, you all rock my world and I am thrilled and honored to not only work with all of you, but to have you chics as my friends. Truly. I don’t know what I would do without all of you.

But, before I make this entire post about me gushing about how happy I am (oh, don’t worry, I will be gushing in other posts!!!), here is what our fearless leader Tonya wrote for this week’s TTIC:

Wow! This summer has flown by hasn’t it? The kids are all starting back to school and I’m exhausted! How about you all? This week, we have some major announcements so I’d like to begin with those.

  • Next Tuesday, September 8th, will be a vacation day for the TTIC team. We’ll return to our scheduled challenges the following Tuesday. Everyone have a safe and happy Labor Day!
  • Design Team Changes! I am very pleased and excited to announce that the entire guest design team has been asked to become permanent members of the TTIC DT. They have all accepted and we’re very excited to continue as a team together!
    • Additionally, Jacquie has been asked to be the design team manager and she has accepted. Thank you, Jacquie! We’re excited to have your help!!
    • Finally, both Beth and I are going to serve as more “honorary” type design team members than permanent ones. So this means we won’t be playing along each week. We have good intentions to play along, but as most of you probably know by now, we’ve both started business ventures that are demanding our immediate attention. You can check out our personal blogs for more info on that if you’d like.
    Now on to the reason you came here! The challenge for the week! :-D

We are excited to welcome Margie back from her hiatus! So much is happening with school starting back that we’ve decided to do a “free day” for our challenge this week.

The challenge portion is simply to create any Twilight themed project you desire and share it with us! No hard thinking this week!!

The comment portion is to tell us if you are getting excited about the New Moon premiere coming up and if you are making any special plans for it.

So, I am very excited about this week’s challenge… I have plenty of “Twideas” that have not quite fit the challenges. So, I am going to try to take this week as an opportunity to do just that. However, I am now fighting a head cold (and so is Nix, plus, I think Rhi is finally cutting her 1st tooth!) so I don’t know how much I’ll get to… but I am going to try to do as much as I can this week!

I decided to take the newest sketch that Dani came up with for today. It’s Sketch #10.

ttsc10 Love it! I for some reason don’t always get around to doing the sketches, so I thought that this was the perfect opportunity!

IMG_6658

I used my Lion and Lamb stamp from Dragonfly Curls. The paper is from Basic Grey, Provo Craft, and The Paper Company. Plus, I used a little bit of yarn and a Ghost Heart from Heidi Swapp. And of course, I inked the edges a bit and sprayed some Walnut Gold Glimmer Mist over the white of the card to tone it down a bit. Here’s a close up:

IMG_6666 And another.

IMG_6660

Inspired? Then get crafting! And as always, our Design Team has fantastic projects to display for this week’s challenge – please go and check them out!

Dani ~ Donna ~ Eve ~ Erica

Jacquie ~ Jen ~ Julie ~ Margie ~ Rebecca

&

Tonya!

Comments

Erica said…
I love this. That stamp is so cool. The whole card just works together so nicely. I love the colors and the heart is awesome. Fabulous job, as always!
ellepaulette said…
Oooh! I love how you used the TTSC10! Perfect!!!
That stamp and those lovely dps work so well together! So awesome!! :)
Jacqueline said…
Oh Ali this is beautiful! Love the earth colors with this image! The heart is perfect!! I am SO happy we all get to stay and work together, I totally cried too! LOVE you!
Congrats to you!!!
Love this card! You did an awesome job with Dani's sketch :)
Unknown said…
CONGRATS Ali....I loved you post....If I could take back what I had written I would write what you have....Does that make sense? It's really early here, forgive me! Anyway...BEAUTIFUL card. LOVE the colours and the layout...Gosh, I just LOVE the whole darn thing! Xx

- I just read that and I think I have been hanging with you guys too long...Even my writing is starting to sound American.... Bloody Awesome dude!
Did I mention how early it was????
Eve said…
I love how you tore around the image. That is such a perfect stamp! Great job Alison! And congrats congrats congrats!!!!!
Julie said…
AWWWW!! Lovey, I don't what is more beautiful -- your post or your card! That was so moving to read -- and we all feel the same way about you, too. And I'm soooo glad that you're staying on! Good times! And you did a great job with the card and using the sketch.
Jen Shults said…
This is really good! I love your card and you are so super sweet. It's been so wonderful to work with you these last few months and I'm ecstatic that you will be staying around! We are going to have so much fun!! :D

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...