Skip to main content

Little Edward Card

Ok, so I’m sure that many of you had seen the card I made for the extra TTIC challenge last week. If not, then go to last Wednesday’s blog to check it out! I had mentioned that I had already colored in another Edward image from The Greeting Farm that I also wanted to use in a card. Well, I finally got a chance to finish it this weekend. Here he is!

IMG_5632 Excuse the shadow. It’s dark out now, and I just wanted to get this post up… so I had to take the photo in crummy light. But ain’t he cute???

IMG_5633 Here’s a close up. See those numbers? Those are the pencil color’s identifying numbers for his hair. I didn’t want to forget which I used, and I am a huge Paint Chip fanatic (you should see some of the cards I made with Paint Chips! Hmmmm, another blog post for another day), so I decided to actually attach the colors to the card! This way, I’ll always know what I used! I had planned on keeping this one anyway. Plus, you may notice a line going down poor little Edward’s face. I am an ass. I should know by now that 10:30 PM is NOT the time I should be crafting! I was slicing a piece of the denim paper and Woopsie!. Cut the poor fella nearly in half.

IMG_5634 Another close up, showing off the other stamps that I used. Hey Julie! That’s the “e” from the blog candy I won from you! It’s rad! So, besides my ridiculous screw up with my paper trimmer, I love how Edward came out. When I had first seen this stamp online, this was exactly how I pictured him being colored. I think he’s so cool. And I am totally inspired to color him in lots of other ways… Stay tuned!

Oh, and by the way… You MUST(!!!) check my blog tomorrow! I am creating this week’s Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge!!! How cool is that?!?!? See ya tomorrow!

Comments

Julie said…
Here I am reading along, and suddenly I see "Hey Julie!" I am PSYCHED that you had a chance to use your stamp set, and that "e" looks great here. As does Edward in his stylin' lil outfit! Awesome card!
Anonymous said…
love this card. it's so cute.
wish i had more stamp sets like this.
anway in reply to youre comment, the flowers arn't metal they're just like mirror card i think. i just saw them and thought they'd look cool =]
Unknown said…
Hah....Look I can leave a comment!!! LOVE your card honey....But then again, I love everything you do!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...